First physical assault?

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
At 38 (hence user name - have just realised will have to become Sue39 next month:) -didn't think that one through) am desperately trying to hang on to my youth:rolleyes: Middle ages - is that what they taught us in the Lower 4th (sorry Year 8)

Apologies to all you Radio 2 fans:D

Sue

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Did I say I felt welcome here?:D Absolutely if you think 38 nearly 39 is young.

Vis a vis pop socks I found myself buying walking socks at the weekend:eek: £9 for a pair of socks?:eek:

My excuse is that one of my fellow nearly 40 year olds has decided to trek across the Sahara desert to celebrate the official end of her youth and in support of her favourite charity. She invited me to join her and I thought - but I don't have a favourite charity. Durrrr!

Have decided that I will do the trek and support the AS. Not til Autumn 2008 though- will keep you posted.

Sue

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
sue38 said:
Have decided that I will do the trek and support the AS. Not til Autumn 2008 though- will keep you posted.
Sue

Sounding good! Wouldn't hurt to put a pair of pop socks underneath though - you know it makes sense! :D

Brenda

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
noelphobic said:
Sounding good! Wouldn't hurt to put a pair of pop socks underneath though - you know it makes sense! :D

Brenda

Am coming round to the idea...might keep the sand out of my boots. Do they do all over body pop socks to keep the sand out of everywhere else?:D

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
sue38 said:
Am coming round to the idea...might keep the sand out of my boots. Do they do all over body pop socks to keep the sand out of everywhere else?:D

mm not sure - could be a gap in the market there!

Brenda

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Only in America . . . (oops! only on TP!!)

. . . . would a serious and compelling post about violence end up being about pop socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nell

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Nell said:
. . . . would a serious and compelling post about violence end up being about pop socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nell

never let it be said that we haven't got our priorities right!

Brenda

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Nell said:

I am sorry Karen. Didn't mean to trivialise your post in any way. I have experienced violence from AD and didn't find it funny in the least.

I sincerely hope that your recent experience is a one off or a phase that will pass.

Sue xx

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
dmc said:
dear jan

while i appreciate your huge hugs :) i think perhaps they were meant for karen but will send them to her with my love :D

donna xx

Have now edited it Donna,i know it`s a bit late......when half of the forum can see what a prat i`ve been....... i feel very :eek: Don`t know where my brain is half the time :eek: SOZ Karen, xxx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
sue38 said:
I am sorry Karen. Didn't mean to trivialise your post in any way. I have experienced violence from AD and didn't find it funny in the least.

No sorries, please, on my account. I am sat here dosing myself with caffeine before the Tesco run - listening to Radio 2 - and laughing my pop socks off!!!!:D

I think the beauty of being able to laugh here (when we can find something to make us smile!) is that we also understand the pain behind it .... and if laughing can take away that pain even temporarily I'm first up for it!!!!

Jan no apologies either .... I'll take it as a compliment being mixed up with Donna!!!! Such a kind lady to pass on the hugs when I'm sure she could have done with keeping them for herself!!!!! :)

Love, Karen, x

(At least when I visit this morning I'll be armed with bags of heavy shopping!!!!!;) )

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Look on the bright side "40 is the old age of youth and the youth of old age". Don't know where I first came accross this pearl of wisdom but if it was on TP you know which side of 40 I am on!

Dick

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
thankyou karen for your very kind words:)
to be mistaken for someone who writes so articulate is a great compliment for me

no probs jan im sure no one thinks your a prat:eek:
i know exactly where your brain is cos mines there too:D
take care
donna xx