First inside visit

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
@Old Flopsy, I've just seen your post on @Dutchman's thread and I didn't want to derail that, but so sorry that your husband has had another fall. I hope he get's checked over, is fine and doesn't have to go to hospital.
I know it is a worry, so thinking of you.

Old Flopsy

Sep 12, 2019
@Sarasa

OH has gone to hospital- he has low BP and has banged his head and hurt his back so it will need checks- MRI, scan and fluids.

Such a worrying time.

Old Flopsy

Sep 12, 2019
OH stayed in overnight on Sunday and was transferred back to the care home om Monday afternoon. The scan was fine, thankfully.

But he had refused to wash whilst in hospital, and would only eat ice cream. They phoned me as he told them he needed to speak to me- but he just said 'I'm in hospital- can you come and pick me up'. I explained he was there as he had had a fall and hit his head but he said 'That's all lies, I haven't had a fall at all'. It was so upsetting.

The care home tells me that since he was returned to their care he is no longer angry and aggressive and is being 'really nice'.

Peterjw

Dec 19, 2020
I have my first visit after 15 months to see my mum in a few weeks and am being allowed an hour - she does get grumpy with me at times via the video calls and then quite overly elated and sometimes says inappropriate stuff to which i instantly change the subject - i am wondering to what extent she will remember my visit but i am sure it will have some effect on her

Old Flopsy

Sep 12, 2019
Hi @Peterjw - Mum may not remember your visit but she will enjoy it at the time and possibly be left with happy thoughts even if she can't recall details. I do hope it goes well for you after all this time.