First Festival Of Eid Without Dad

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Today was my first Festival Of Eid Without dad and for the first
time since his death I played his favourite CD. It was sad but it was nice to bring back happy memories.

MaNaAk

ani

Oct 1, 2013
manchester
Hello Everyone.

Today was my first Festival Of Eid Without dad and for the first
time since his death I played his favourite CD. It was sad but it was nice to bring back happy memories.

MaNaAk
Eid Mubarak! So sorry your dad isn’t here for this one. All the ‘firsts’ are hurdles to jump. Remembering happy times with your dad by playing his favourite CD is a lovely tribute. All genuine best wishes from me. X

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou Ani. I remember him listening to the CD on the morning that he went into the care home permanently and then I took
it to the care home and I used to play it to him in his room.

MaNaAk

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
All firsts are difficult @MaNaAk. I hope you were not celebrating Eid by yourself and hope your dad was with you in spirit.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou @Grannie G.

I feel that dad was with me in spirit as I played his favourite CD at breakfast time when he used to play it. Then I made a few recordings of Malay folk songs and sent them to our relatives who were delighted to see me play on Violin and Piano on video.

I also had three phone calls from friends (we celebrate Xmas as well because mum was English) which was nice. Today is my youngest brother's birthday and the second day of Eid so I will be phoning him. I will be contacting my other brother as well.

In Malaysia Eid isn't quite the same because whilst the pandemic never reached four figures there. They started to ease their lockdown at the beginning of this month but some people broke the regulations and travelled between a few Malaysian states and a few clusters of cases started to reappear so the easing had to be tightened again. I am still abiding isolating as before but my seaside town is very popular with visitors.

Keep safe

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I forgot to say that I would like to try and make a video for dad's old care home as their Facebook page suggests that they are having difficulty keeping dad's friends entertained during lockdown.

MaNaAk

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Thinking of you today @MaNaAk
Anniversaries and festivities are always hard - especially the first ones
Im glad you have been able to contact family - its not much fun being on your own at such times.

What a lovely idea to make a video for your dads care home.
xx

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou @canary.

I hate to think of dad's friends being bored. They were also thinking of him in Malaysia especially his half-brother.

MaNaAk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger