First Christmas

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
Hi to all my friends on T P .this is the first Christmas without my lovely wife June. Been out to where June' ashes are said a few words with her and a drink with her.i don' reall need a excuse to drink .anyway over to my daughter' for lunch so on with the smiley face I promised June so must be brave.anyway I wish you all the best for Christmas and a peaceful new year.take care all you lovely people xx

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
I know exactly how you feel pins Tony first Christmas for me too putting on a brave face have a good day as possible.

malengwa

Jan 26, 2017
I hope you have all managed to get through the day so far. Our first one without mum so we've tried to make it a good one for dad. He's enjoying watching Oliver at the moment which was one of mums favourite musicals and he likes it too. Mums funeral in two days so I've been looking at more photos dad found. It is really quiet without mum but we have filled the day with memories.

patilo33

Oct 12, 2011
Scunthorpe
First Christmas without mum and the last few weeks have been hard.
I made the kids aware a while ago that I would not be upto putting on a brave face and preferred to be on my own today. They understood.
Spent a good few hours digging on the allotment. It did me the world of good. Mum was a gardener. i did not burst into tears once but did take deep breaths on one occasion.
We forget that this day isn't celebrated by everyone so I did what was best for me.
Also I did not think about how my children would be feeling. Although they weren't close they feel a loss as well. An emptiness. A missing part of their life's jigsaw.
A family get together arranged on 2nd Jan so will see everyone then.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan