Fire Safety Check

JayGun

Jun 24, 2013
In our area firemen go into homes to do a fire safety check, and can make referrals to various other services such as occupational therapy or adult services etc, and flag up any observed problems.

I booked one for my mother in law last week. Usually she is the very definition of non compliant and combative but she was a total lamb for the lovely fireman who turned up with all his colleagues in an actual fire engine. :D

She was so well behaved that I'm thinking of hiring a fella to wear a fireman's uniform and go round and tell her it's time to take her pills and it's hair wash day. ;)

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
LOL, yes, I also had three firefighters crowd our flat the other week, they seem to have a lot of time between fires! He just pointed one small issue out which I sorted immediately. They also install fire alarms if you don't have any.

JayGun

Jun 24, 2013
LOL, yes, I also had three firefighters crowd our flat the other week, they seem to have a lot of time between fires! He just pointed one small issue out which I sorted immediately. They also install fire alarms if you don't have any.

We had a fully manned fire engine parked outside in case they got the call, but the fella said that because there are better building regulations, less terrible overcrowding, and fewer slum landlords these days, there are far fewer fires - so they had to think of other ways to be of service to their communities whilst also being ready to scramble at a moment's notice. He was brilliant with my MIL.