Finding it difficult

Quandrum

Apr 7, 2021
Hi all
really finding it difficult at mo mums going through a don’t know don’t care mode I’m the worst son in the world I don’t do anything I don’t care I’m bossy .fed up with you telling me what to do?? I am used to it but.it’s dragging me down I do everything for mum I gave up a good well payed job to care for her as I wanted to spend more time with mum,or so be it not mum??.I’m struggling with her now she is good polite lovely and all of a sudden nasty controllin and selfish it’s the nature of the dementia at first I really struggled and got angry with her and my self,now I understand her frustrations not being able to communicate what she really wants,being lonely is her thing I spend a **** load of time with her and trying to balance a relation ship with my girlfriend is really really hard I’m always torn and feel guilty between them both.one is able to make decisions ie girl freind one is not my mum.time is what it equals equality for those we need and those we ❤️ .personally I can’t find that perfect balance I feel guilty too leave mum mum alone for a few hours.I feel guilty I don’t spend enough time with my lovely girlfriend.
wow that’s emotional.

taliahad

Nov 22, 2021
Hi, I feel for you, I am in a very similar situation. When I took over my mum's care, I quickly found that I couldn't cope with the bouts of anger and aggression and so I called the doctor and asked him to put her on medication which was something that had been refused before because the previous doctor said that it would shorten her life. Well when I called the new doctor I just said that to be honest, I didn't care if medication shortened her life, I wanted quality over quantity and if medication would help then I wanted it. The doctor agreed and prescribed risperidone and it has helped. Mother is quite a bit calmer and is sleeping better. I recommend considering it because you've got to look after yourself too. Best of luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet