Find COVID tier by postcode

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Last edited:

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
According to BBC local news Bristol, N Somerset and S Glos are all in tier 3. So, no lunch out with partner's daughter or cafe trips together to get her out in the lovely sunshine we have today. I can meet my friends for a walk in a group of 6, but no pint at the end. I think the BBC said only 3 places across England are in tier 1, but did say which ones.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
Not surprised to find I am in tier 3!

Although my local area is only slightly above average, we are part of Greater Manchester which is much higher.

I assume that means mums care home will not be re starting visits any time soon.

I’ve just told my son who lives over 100 miles away not to bother driving up to swap Christmas presents, we will wait until next year.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
My area remains in Tier 2, the area less than 5 miles to the North of me where most of the friends I cycle with is also Tier 2 after being in Tier 3. This also means I can go on public transport to the office when I need to. The area less than 4 miles to the west of me is still out of bounds.

The Tiers of course don't apply until next week

This list might be less detailed but easier to access

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Tier 3 for me here in High Peak and also for my 2 kids who live (separately) in Hull. My boyfriend lives in Bucks (Tier 2) and we formed a bubble for when he visits but I haven't seen my kids since before the first lockdown. (None of us drive which doesn't help!)

So just me and the BF at Christmas :(
And my 4 cats :)

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Tier 3 for Leicester, both city and county. Not complaining, was expecting it to be honest. Hopefully the tiers and the jab will be our best Christmas/new year present.

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
Here in East Kent (Thanet), we are in the top 3 worst areas of the country, which is in stark contrast to where we were just a couple of weeks ago, when we had very low infection rates. I feel sorry for the rest of Kent who are ending up like us, in tier 3.

My son and his partner are just getting over COVID (she seems to have recovered quite quickly, whereas he is taking longer, due to his asthma) and I have a friend who was admitted to hospital 2 weeks ago, who sadly is now on a ventilator.

Seems crazy that for 5 days, we can relax the restrictions - the consequences could end up making it not such a Happy New Year for many?

Those vaccines cant come quick enough?

Stay safe.
Phil

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
I assume that means mums care home will not be re starting visits any time soon.

See my post in this thread @Lynmax Apparently care home visits will be permitted in all tiers from 2nd Dec, with rapid testing by Christmas:

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well we are risen to tier 2 was in tier 1 but worst my son lives in kent which is one of the highest. it was only tier 1 before lock down. my husband being clinically extremely vulnerable has made the decision not to see the family at christmas a long with grandchildren and instead see them when it is safer. i support the decision although they can leave presents on the door step!! my son and his wife are teachers and have had cases among the school community

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Seems crazy that for 5 days, we can relax the restrictions - the consequences could end up making it not such a Happy New Year for many?

I think it was a least worst case scenario - if they didn't relax anything people would visit family anyway whereas this way at least most will stick to the rules and so potentially less mixing.

The preferred scenario is we don't mix - I am assuming we will have lockdown to look forward to in Jan.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I think it was a least worst case scenario - if they didn't relax anything people would visit family anyway whereas this way at least most will stick to the rules and so potentially less mixing.
The preferred scenario is we don't mix - I am assuming we will have lockdown to look forward to in Jan.

Agree 100% with
@jugglingmum

<Quote in quoted post inserted manually>

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im so scared of him getting it as he is. with the copd he could well not survive so i would rather be on our own and keep him safe even with the grandchildren who are picking all sorts up but they get over it so much easier. having a cold is bad enough for him

yosser

Nov 12, 2020
Shenley Brook End Milton Keynes
According to BBC local news Bristol, N Somerset and S Glos are all in tier 3. So, no lunch out with partner's daughter or cafe trips together to get her out in the lovely sunshine we have today. I can meet my friends for a walk in a group of 6, but no pint at the end. I think the BBC said only 3 places across England are in tier 1, but did say which ones.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Have the whole country gone crazy saying we need to protect the Elderly people who were born in 1920’s -1940” ( I in the age group myself ) we never had the NHS we had to pay to see a Doctor we didn’t have electricity or mains water no fridges or freezers we lived through diseases like Diphtheria. Influenza. Malaria.Poliomyelitis. Scarlet Fever. Smallpox. .Tuberculosis. ...Typhoid Fever. and to name a few also WW2

Last edited by a moderator:

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i agree with jugglingmum but i think that its least line of resistance. i think people are not following the rules either. my neighbour thinks rules dont apply to her and she has different people in all the time. she is/was covid positive 2 weeks ago but those in the household were still going out when supposed to be isolating. thats why my husband is scared and its brought home to him the risk as hes extremely vulnerable so we are not seeing family over the christmas. i dont even want to contemplate life without him in it.