Financial Issues

Hollp52

Jan 15, 2021
I have Dementia diagnosed in 2016. I am having financial difficulties what help can I get? I find it hard to manage my money. I have no relatives. I worked but have lost my job.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Hollp52
a warm welcome to DTP

I wonder whether Citizens Advice may be able to help you ... any contact with them is confidential

and you might have a chat with one of the helpful folk on our Support Line as they deal with a lot of financial issues

your bank may have a customer service liaison, maybe you could look on their website or call your local branch

Your Local Authority Adult Services may also have suggestions ... contact details will be on your Local Authority's website

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I have Dementia diagnosed in 2016. I am having financial difficulties what help can I get? I find it hard to manage my money. I have no relatives. I worked but have lost my job.

Welcome to the forum.

I’m sorry to read that you are having difficulties. I know that you will get a lot of support and help from members here. In the meantime I wondered if this factsheet would be of help-

You might also want to contact the Dementia Connect Support Line to talk things through with someone there -

angelict

Jan 16, 2020
You could try and see if you could get a support worker through a charity to assist you I have two lovely ladies from Mind or they may be another charity in your area. Good luck x