Financial assessment

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Hi does anyone know how long it takes to get a financial assessment done my OH has been in care home for a month now after been sectioned he went there straight from assessment unit and still don't know how much of his pension he has to contribute (have been putting it aside) have heard nothing from council he is not self funding but I know he has to pay something. Really could do with some advice please.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Which section was he under - was it section 3? Then the good news would be that he should be funded under section 117 aftercare. Contact the council and the care home, someone ough to know.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The GP should have details of his discharge and whether he was under a section 3 or not.

If it is established that it was a section 3 don't pay anything and be extremely careful what you sign.

On a section 117, unless you demand something like a better room than offered, all care fees have to be met by the CCG/LA.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Thanks for advice

Which section was he under - was it section 3? Then the good news would be that he should be funded under section 117 aftercare. Contact the council and the care home, someone ough to know.

It was a section 2 and now it is DOLS at least that what was said at best interest meeting when he was in hospital. I have been in touch with council but still waiting for a reply

mcmidlothian

Feb 11, 2015
Cost of care

Hi does anyone know how long it takes to get a financial assessment done my OH has been in care home for a month now after been sectioned he went there straight from assessment unit and still don't know how much of his pension he has to contribute (have been putting it aside) have heard nothing from council he is not self funding but I know he has to pay something. Really could do with some advice please.

Go on line if possible and go to Independent Age web page and go to Care home fees all the information is there. I am going through the same. Hope this helps