financial assessment

notsogooddtr

Jul 2, 2011
How long does it normally take for LA to carry out a financial assessment?My Dad has been in a nursing home for 12 months,Mum since last November.

Suemmalf

Apr 27, 2015
Oxton, Wirral
:confused:

Hi, nice to meet you! I have just asked a similar question as I am starting the process of a capacity assessment, then a financial assessment. How are you currently paying for your parents care homes, or are social services?

thanks Sue

stevew

Oct 30, 2010
CORNWAL
How long does it normally take for LA to carry out a financial assessment?My Dad has been in a nursing home for 12 months,Mum since last November.
Hi, I have been down this road with both my relatives. I found it quicker to take bank statements etc to the LA for them to copy and give back. Depending on the circumstances, which may involve a property, I found the LA slow but did receive an assessment result in 2-3 months. I hope this helps and best wishes

DazeInOurLives

Dec 10, 2009
East Midlands,UK
twitter.com

The assessment should only take a few weeks. If your Dad may have to self fund any of his care, then don't pursue the final outcome as they may not backdate everything, so he _may_ only be required to contribute from the point at which the decision is made. If he has no money left and needs full state support then get onto them today, lest they are dragging their heels on purpose.

Daze