Financial assessment

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
If there is no heating system, that will definitely reduce the value of the property. Certainly the person in residential care shouldnt pay for the heating bills, but replacing a faulty boiler is another matter.

lollyc

Sep 9, 2020
Pads are provided by the home, but not pull ups, and he needs them at night. £7.75 for a pack of 9. Every penny a prisoner.
Don't know if this helps, but I ordered them in bulk (packs of 14) from an online shop. Worked out about 60p each. And then, eventually, discovered we could get them free from incontinence service. Pity Mum died the week before they arrived.

duchess55

Sep 1, 2021
Pads are provided by the home, but not pull ups, and he needs them at night. £7.75 for a pack of 9. Every penny a prisoner.
My husband has pull ups, pads were no good and he kept taking them out. I read on here about the pull ups from Aldi. They are excellent and only £3.89.

I have just been told I am getting provided 3 a day from the NHS and in actual fact should be getting a delivery today.

Is it possible you could get them from the NHS or is it only if you are at home.

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
My husband has pull ups, pads were no good and he kept taking them out. I read on here about the pull ups from Aldi. They are excellent and only £3.89.

I have just been told I am getting provided 3 a day from the NHS and in actual fact should be getting a delivery today.

Is it possible you could get them from the NHS or is it only if you are at home.
Never thought of Aldi! Thanks.

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
Don't know if this helps, but I ordered them in bulk (packs of 14) from an online shop. Worked out about 60p each. And then, eventually, discovered we could get them free from incontinence service. Pity Mum died the week before they arrived.
Thank you, I’ll look into that.

duchess55

Sep 1, 2021
Thank you, I’ll look into that.
Have just received the delivery and they are a medium. The clinic measured him as a large but looking on the packet he is within the waist range. I think really he is between a medium and a large. I am going to try one on him this afternoon and if not happy will the bladder and bowel incontinence people.

I have notice though that the ones I buy from Aldii are more absorbent.

Do try them and ask you go to refer you to the bladdervand bowel incontinence unit. I am sure I read somewhere that somebody did get them for someone in care. Worth a try.

I have

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Have just received the delivery and they are a medium. The clinic measured him as a large but looking on the packet he is within the waist range. I think really he is between a medium and a large. I am going to try one on him this afternoon and if not happy will the bladder and bowel incontinence people.

I have notice though that the ones I buy from Aldii are more absorbent.

Do try them and ask you go to refer you to the bladdervand bowel incontinence unit. I am sure I read somewhere that somebody did get them for someone in care. Worth a try.

I have
Hello @duchess55 Do the Aldi ones indicate the waist size on M or L. I've just seen your post and currently my partner wears well known brand at night or if going out he suffers from Parkinson's and can be a bit slow getting to the toilet especially at night and can leak a bit before he gets there. I usually order in bulk but think the Aldi ones worth him trying I couldn't see size measurements when trying to zoom in on photo online. I don't think he would qualify for NHS supply as usually only needs one a day.

duchess55

Sep 1, 2021
Hello @duchess55 Do the Aldi ones indicate the waist size on M or L. I've just seen your post and currently my partner wears well known brand at night or if going out he suffers from Parkinson's and can be a bit slow getting to the toilet especially at night and can leak a bit before he gets there. I usually order in bulk but think the Aldi ones worth him trying I couldn't see size measurements when trying to zoom in on photo online. I don't think he would qualify for NHS supply as usually only needs one a day.
Yes, they say on the pack. For the medium size you get 9 or the large size 8. They are very absorbent.

lollyc

Sep 9, 2020
We don't have an Aldi near us, so can't compare, but the ones I bought online were Vivactive. Choice of sizes and absorbencies.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
@Thethirdmrsc and @duchess55 . I went to Aldi yesterday and picked up a pack of their own brand pull up pants for partner to try. Partner has said they are very comfortable do come up high on the waist so will be going back to get some more. Definitely better value than the branded ones I normally buy from Boots in fact half the price per individual pack. If I buy the branded in bulk Aldi ones are still working out very good value. We are lucky as have three Aldi stores in our area.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I've shopped at Aldi online but not for pull ups (flavoured gin). Minimum order value not too high for free delivery I think but was 2019 so might have changed.

duchess55

Sep 1, 2021
@Thethirdmrsc and @duchess55 . I went to Aldi yesterday and picked up a pack of their own brand pull up pants for partner to try. Partner has said they are very comfortable do come up high on the waist so will be going back to get some more. Definitely better value than the branded ones I normally buy from Boots in fact half the price per individual pack. If I buy the branded in bulk Aldi ones are still working out very good value. We are lucky as have three Aldi stores in our area.
So pleased you are happy with them. It was somebody on here that recommended them. The ones that hat the NHS have supplied this week are not as absorbent so they shall be used during the day and the Aldi nes at night.

Yes, I have 2 Aldi’s close to me, there gin is excellent too.?

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
So pleased you are happy with them. It was somebody on here that recommended them. The ones that hat the NHS have supplied this week are not as absorbent so they shall be used during the day and the Aldi nes at night.

Yes, I have 2 Aldi’s close to me, there gin is excellent too.?
I like the occasional gin ? but only the flavoured fruity ones. I don't like tonic at all so I have my gin with lemonade plus a bit of ice. I'll be going back for some more pants in a few days I'll ? ? at the gins then as partner likes to have one as well.

duchess55

Sep 1, 2021
I like the occasional gin ? but only the flavoured fruity ones. I don't like tonic at all so I have my gin with lemonade plus a bit of ice. I'll be going back for some more pants in a few days I'll ? ? at the gins then as partner likes to have one as well.
My daughter got me into drinking h flavoured gins and Aldi do an excellent variety.

Their pink gin is nice as well.?

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
Yay got a pack of 9 for £3.89, brilliant. Especially good as he has only been in the home 4 months, and already the council have increased his contribution by £30 a month. Thank you all for the tip.

obywon

Mar 9, 2022
i have just been told abput them too...after the nhs ones , which are useless, leaked all over the place.....i was paying £8 for 10 pack of pull up pants or my mum....then tried to save money so went nhs ones....****....then was told about the aldi ones....and they are nearly as good as the first ones....so they will do....but pull up pants are the only decent product out there....as usual the nhs cheap out as they do with everything....and hey just dont work...on any level

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew2024