• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

Financial Assesment now Mums in the CH

MrsV

Apr 16, 2018
Northamptonshire
Hi there,
Does anyone know how long after being admitted to the CH do the LA carry out the financial assessment??
We had one done when Mum first went in, but were told another final financial assessment would be done soon.
thanks

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Mum only ever had one @MrsV , but then she was self-funding the whole time she was there.
Is your mum approaching a financial threshold?

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
The Banjoman was LA funded and it was arranged immediately after it was decided he wouldn’t be awarded CHC funding. As he had already been receiving assistance with care at home funding there wasn’t much more for them to consider.

MrsV

Apr 16, 2018
Northamptonshire
Mum only ever had one @MrsV , but then she was self-funding the whole time she was there.
Is your mum approaching a financial threshold?
Hi,
No Mum's well below threshold, but she still pays all her income towards her care home, they invoice Mum regularly for it. They pay and so does Mum. They did a FA after the 12 weeks disregard so Mum has been invoiced since then, But the LA say there will be another 'Assessment', and are now awaiting a final Financial Assessment. So we are waiting for months now. We just want to know she's settled in there.

MrsV

Apr 16, 2018
Northamptonshire
Is this because she owns a property?
Hi Canary,
We don't know why they need to carry out another assessment, as nothing has changed and they already have all her financial information. She doesn't own a property, my brother and I own the house, they have never asked about it before, but my brother made the LA aware from the outset that she doesn't own a property.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
OK, I wondered whether the 12 week disregard was because she owned a property. This was talked about with my mum who did own her property, but as she had savings over the threshold as well, it didnt happen.

I wonder whether the LA is going to be looking in more depth about the circumstances surrounding the transfer of property ownership to you and your brother?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G67billy