finance

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
I rang la yesterday to ask if mum could go to her day centre an extra day a week ( making 4 days a week). They rang me back and said the finance for her to go was in place, but maybe only til august when the first yearly review is due. What i wondered was is it likely the finance will be cut although nothing has changed since the original assessment? Can anyone advise me please? Thank you

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I rang la yesterday to ask if mum could go to her day centre an extra day a week ( making 4 days a week). They rang me back and said the finance for her to go was in place, but maybe only til august when the first yearly review is due. What i wondered was is it likely the finance will be cut although nothing has changed since the original assessment? Can anyone advise me please? Thank you

Well I'm puzzled by this! Dementia is normally a worsening condition in varying degrees. In effect the LA is saying her needs in the near future will not be so great:confused: Perhaps the LA are having to cut back on day centres to save money? I really don't know!

Take care

Lyn T

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
If the need hasn't changed they would have a hard time justifying it, especially if you could get a letter from the GP or Memory Clinic confirming how beneficial the day centre is for her.

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
Well I'm puzzled by this! Dementia is normally a worsening condition in varying degrees. In effect the LA is saying her needs in the near future will not be so great:confused: Perhaps the LA are having to cut back on day centres to save money? I really don't know!

Take care

Lyn T

Thats what i would have thought lyn T. It concerned me a bit and i had the "what if..." conversation with my husband!! Just have to wait and see now, then challenge it when we know the outcome!!. Thanks for reply x

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
If the need hasn't changed they would have a hard time justifying it, especially if you could get a letter from the GP or Memory Clinic confirming how beneficial the day centre is for her.
Hi beate, i also would have thought the need would b more not less!! Perhaps thieir trying it on! Thanks for reply x

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
When my husband was first given day centre placement he was assessed as to what he could pay towards it. The amount they said he could pay covered about one and three quarter days fees and he was given two days. He was then given a third day which cost no more because he was already paying the maximum he could afford according to LA financial assessment.

It could be that come the review because of finances the LA will be financing less places so therefor can't offer so many places and they may limit how many times someone can attend.

We have lost two day centres in our area over the last two years and a friend tells me the centre my husband attended is under staffed and offering far less services than when he attended.

Just my thought on the situation, I could be way off the mark.

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
When my husband was first given day centre placement he was assessed as to what he could pay towards it. The amount they said he could pay covered about one and three quarter days fees and he was given two days. He was then given a third day which cost no more because he was already paying the maximum he could afford according to LA financial assessment.

It could be that come the review because of finances the LA will be financing less places so therefor can't offer so many places and they may limit how many times someone can attend.

We have lost two day centres in our area over the last two years and a friend tells me the centre my husband attended is under staffed and offering far less services than when he attended.

Just my thought on the situation, I could be way off the mark.
Thanks jaymor. Had a call thos morning to say mum can go another day. I suppose we'll have to c wat happens in august? Xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jliesman