Finally over

primarypat

Oct 15, 2012
Ok I have not posted on here for probably over a year. When mum first went into a nursing home just over three years ago I found much comfort, support and useful information here. Thanks everyone. Now it's over for my much loved mother. She died peacefully yesterday evening and I was able to be with her.
Yes I'm going through that loosing her twice thing. Once when I had to take her to the nursing home the first time knowing she would never come home. (Although by then she didn't recognise it as her home) and now the deep sense of loss again but the relief is almost overwhelming . She was 90 she had 3 daughters, 6 grand children and 9 great grand children she was happily married for over 60 years before she had to go into care and dad died but how it hurts. I looked at some of the other residents at the nursing home last night and my heart broke thinking of what they and their families would have to endure. Think that's enough now. I'm sure you all know where I'm coming from. Pp

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
So sorry to hear of your beloved mums passing. The void must be huge but she is at peace now. Wishing you strength for the coming days . My sincere condolence to you and your family xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm glad that your Mum's passing was peaceful-I hope that helps you in the times ahead.

Please accept my condolences.

Take care of yourself

Lyn T XX

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Thinking of you.

A huge gap in your life now, more changes to your emotions. I do hope the thought that she is now at peace, gives you peace too xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorry for your loss. The loss of our parents I think goes very deep, because we realise we are now "the older generation" to our own children. Take care.