Finally got a diagnosis

banger696

Sep 17, 2015
North East
Been waiting for about 6 weeks but psychiatrist has seen mums CT scan and given us a diagnosis of Alzheimer. He also doesn't want to write another prescription for amisulpride and being vague about the GP writing the next prescription. I only have 2 weeks of amisulpride left and has kept mum calm over the last 5 weeks.

No wonder people can't get help as the doctors don't seem to care have had to contact PALS again.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
he's probably being vague about the GP because he is ignorant!!! Some of these people live on their own planet. I agree I would go to the GP now and ask for another prescription - at least you will then know where you stand (or put in for a repeat and see what happens). What a dreadful situation to find yourself in, feel your frustration and thinking of you x

banger696

Sep 17, 2015
North East
Last time I asked for a repeat they said it was an amber drug a care and share type drug and a fax from the hospital was not enough at the GP. Im hoping I dont have the same trouble this time as its a small dose but really keeps mum stable.

PS I have a really bad chest cold which is all I need as mum has got it now.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
If not going to give you a repeat prescription, is consultant recommending any other medication?