Finally ended.. thank you all for your support.

supporter1

Sep 14, 2012
Well my father passed away on the 5th Dec. it has been a long 4 years and a tortious one for him and for us. His passing whilst incredibly painful for us at loosing a father we loved has been a blessed release for him. Over the years I have dipped into this forum when I was struggling and it has made a difference knowing that we were not alone.

The last part of dads journey was not as it could have been care wise and I wont go into that .. it has ended now and I need to turn another page in my life.

Sleep well dad .. you deserve to rest now .

Thank you all for reading my posts and for advice freely given when we needed it. Sometimes in your heart you know that something is not right but professionals deem it to be acceptable.. I have come to learn that really there was little I could change but what I could do something about ( like pain relief in his final hours ) I did to the best of my ability and I know he was aware of that.

Thankfully my dad was still able to say what he wanted too and we told each other that we loved one another, something I will hold on to for ever. A good man that did not deserve to go though such a horrendous journey.

For those of you looking after a loved one.. keep strong, seek support and realise that you cannot change quite a lot of things that the professionals do but you can and should challenge when necessary if things are not right.

Thinking of you all out there reading this and offering my support in spirit for the journeys that you are all on.

Now I work through the intense grief and move on with my life.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read of your loss. Sending my condolences and wishing strength. I'm glad your father is at peace.

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
So very sorry for your loss. Without TP many of us would have struggled/still be struggling. Wishing you strength to deal with your grief x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I am so sorry for the loss of your father and am sorry his passing was not as peaceful as you would have hoped. A richly deserved rest indeed. Please accept my sympathy. x

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
I'm so sorry for your loss and particularly that you and your dad went through such difficult process. Sending you support. X