Final leg

MeganCat

Jan 29, 2013
South Wales
The hospital wanted to speak to me today, mum continues to deteriorate, despite being over flu, and sleeps continuously, with a sort of humming snoring, she still has a rattley chest, and won't eat or drink. I haven't any family close by but my friends are great and supportive. But I still feel very alone in this.
I just don't know what to expect or how long this phase will last. She was fully mobile a fortnight ago. I guess that's a blessing in a way.

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Hello Megancat,

You will be very worried at the moment, nothing about life goes by a rule-book, does it.

Just having a look through the threads and noticed you hadn't had a reply yet, but I'm sorry, I don't know the background of your situation, not that it matters.

The situation you describe can certainly mean a lessening of the abilities to cough etc, but everyone is different, I wouldn't want to give an opinion.

I hope you are able to be with your mum, but even if not she is obviously calm, and in safe care.
Sending you a big hug and loads of strength, just take things as they come, and be kind to yourself.

lots of love, Neicon. xx

Benrese

Apr 12, 2014
Lancashire
Hi Megancat,

Yes, this must be a very lonely time. Although we can be surrounded by friends, it's still the sort of journey that one must walk with one's own two feet, in so many ways.

You are grieving a bit at a time. As you say, maybe this is the kinder way for your Mum. She has you and I am sure she knows that. We will all be here for you and you can post night or day. Someone will always be round to see how things are going and to share their experiences.

It can be a very big old world when you are going through this type of experience. But do try and know, you will never be alone. And it sounds as though your mum is in good hands as well.

Hope you find some peace this night and are sleeping a bit.

Take gentle and good care.

MeganCat

Jan 29, 2013
South Wales
Thank you for your support. She was occasionally talkative today, rambling on with quite long stories but making little sense - I couldn't tell what she was talking about but it involved her parents and grandmother. Then snippets that made sense - that I was a good boy (?) whilst I recognise it might just be a little window and she'll probably return to sleeping mostly it was nice to see her with her eyes open and have her squeeze my hand.

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
It's so difficult, isn't it, the uncertainties, the fluctuations. I also feel fairly alone in my situation with Mum and am glad that we can share on here. In some ways we are on our own with it, in other ways, there are so many of us who hold each others' hands.

MeganCat

Jan 29, 2013
South Wales
Thank you. Mum ate some food today, after about 5 days of not eating, and hardly drinking and was awake for a lot of my visit. Still rambling but some of 'her' in there too. Her cough is worse- looser. Apparently she'd told the Dr off earlier too!
I know what you mean ragged robin about the fluctuations- I'm a bit all over the place, one day at a time!