Final goodbye

duchess55

Sep 1, 2021
I’ve just found out that we no longer go to the Registry Office to get the death certificate in person. The doctor fills in a form with relevant info ( hence why he is phoning me on Tuesday) then email it together with his medical certificate to the Registry Office. They then send the death certificate direct to the funeral directors which gives the right to hold a funeral. I’m not sure at which stage we get the certificate nor how we get additional copies if we need them. Interesting!
That is very interesting. My son spent 2 days tryiing to ring the register office but no reply. I wonder if that is why.

We were told by our doctor that hopefully he was emailing the certificate that night but we assumed it was to the coroner. We did know we could not book a date until the funeral parlour had the certificate .

Where we are we are looking at about 4 weeks after they receive the certificate.

We have another appointment on Tuesday and are hoping we can book a date.

It just seems so long.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
So sorry to read of the death of your mum @Lynmax. I hope you can get the practical things sorted out without too much extra hassle, but I have learnt to accept some things just take longer and are more complicated than they should be.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
We had to go to the register office last Monday for my mum in laws death certificate. She is having a simple cremation with a short ceremony yet we are having to wait….it will be nearly a month after her death before the funeral. Seems such a long time. My neighbour who is a follower of Islam sadly lost her husband and because of faith requirements, he had to be buried the next day. Her son said she was just shocked at what had happened and the speed and finality. I guess there is no right timings, it’s just something we navigate through.

Sorry to all who are going through similar hard times at the moment and I hope there is time for rest and peaceful reflection for all

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
When my dad passed in January last year the doctor from the CH sent details of dads passing to the local registrar. I had to call them once the doctors surgery had confirmed to me that they had sent the registrar the details I believe it was done by email. I was then able to ring the registrar office and was given a telephone booking telling me when to call the registrar back so that I could arrange for the death to be registered by phone. I got given a phone appointment for a few days later and was able to give them all of dads details. I was able to pay by card for the certificates ( I only got two as that was all I would need ). They posted them out to me along with a receipt of payment, I received them quickly maybe just 3-4 days. My neighbour kindly took a certificate to the funeral directors but I had actually been able to book his funeral before they physically received the certificate. Once again I am sorry for your recent loss @duchess55 and @Lynmax .

Last edited:

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
I’ve just found out that we no longer go to the Registry Office to get the death certificate in person. The doctor fills in a form with relevant info ( hence why he is phoning me on Tuesday) then email it together with his medical certificate to the Registry Office. They then send the death certificate direct to the funeral directors which gives the right to hold a funeral. I’m not sure at which stage we get the certificate nor how we get additional copies if we need them. Interesting!
I would think you can contact the registrar office and request some copies. The funeral home when dad passed weren't supplied with a certificate directly, I had to get one over to them. I was unable to do that myself as was very unwell/isolated following catching Covid from dad. A neighbour kindly took a certificate for me and dropped me the other necessary paperwork to sign and then took paperwork back to them.

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan