Filling in the COP forms

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
I’m finally filling these in! I am seeking an urgent decision as my mum is nearing the end of her 12 week disregard period at the care home & I will need access to her funds to pay any top up fees. I will also be seeking permission to use some funds to part renovate her house so that it can be rented for short term lets which will also help pay the fees.
I will be seeking a property disregard as well from the Council. They have just contacted me to do another financial assessment.

DeMartin

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
I’m finally filling these in! I am seeking an urgent decision as my mum is nearing the end of her 12 week disregard period at the care home & I will need access to her funds to pay any top up fees. I will also be seeking permission to use some funds to part renovate her house so that it can be rented for short term lets which will also help pay the fees.
I will be seeking a property disregard as well from the Council. They have just contacted me to do another financial assessment.
I’m not sure if CoP know what urgent means.

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Lots of stuff on your plate @Kikki21
I hated all the paperwork

Tell me about @canary flipping forms... but I stuck at it & trying to make sense out of it all.
My mum is going to be self funding ish as she owns her house but I will defer the payments. It may not be too bad as she gets nursing fee allowance on top so slight improvement but yeah all this on top of running my business, finding new events to do & part renovate a house is quite something! But the house needs to work for itself!

DeMartin

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Thank you will keep it altogether & make a copy. No problem with capacity as GP agreed on the phone with me as regards that.
Check what your mum’s Council wants for disregarding CT, some want AA and incapacity.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Check what your mum’s Council wants for disregarding CT, some want AA and incapacity.
All should want GP certification of SMI (not the same as capacity) and proof of eligibility to receive a qualifying benefit (AA is usual for people aged 65+), there are others.
Disregard should be back dated to concurrency of both these events.

Last edited:

monkeygirl15

Oct 1, 2017
Good luck with the forms and trying to get CoP to do anything urgently :-( Hopefully the Care Home she is in are understanding. I did mark mine as Urgent (I needed an answer in 6 weeks) but it took 3 months. I THINK there is something you can tick that makes is more than urgent - but I think that is where it's a matter of life and death. Anyway, good luck with it all...

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
My mum already has Council tax disregard, she had that ages ago to do with her disabilities so that’s ok. It’s just filling in all of the forms as of course it is not just the 1 form!

No transparency

Jun 8, 2018
Hi Im new to this site.
My story is very complicated.
I’ve just fished filling all the COP forms for deputyship for my father. (He had LPAs who took it out fraudulent on him whilst he was incapacitated.)
The COP forms can be very daunting
I did did a lot of Research.
You will need to fill in an Cop 9 to direct the courts the urgency with cop24 evidence of bills etc
Did you file an interim order in your COP1?

No transparency

Jun 8, 2018
Hi Im new to this site.
My story is very complicated.
I’ve just fished filling all the COP forms for deputyship for my father. (He had LPAs who took it out fraudulent on him whilst he was incapacitated.)
The COP forms can be very daunting
I did did a lot of Research.
You will need to fill in an Cop 9 to direct the courts the urgency with cop24 evidence of bills etc
Did you file an interim order in your COP1?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso