FIL- last few days.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Hello dear people,

Hope you are still weathering this storm and you have a few more good days than bad,

Hubby has managed to get home to see his dad and is there now. He has said he is really bad and the nurse has been to insert a morphine line. ( syringe driver??) he has said that he doubts that he will last till the end of the month. I think his dad has been waiting for him to visit. He said he has no pics today of them together, fair enough, but has an app where he can see his in bed??not sure about that idea. Maybe a bit like a baby monitor??

He comes back tomorrow and hopefully get more detail. It will be hard, especially since hubby and FIL don't get on. In dads defence he is being really nice at the moment. All good fun!!

Thanks for listening.

xx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
It sounds like you are almost at the end now @garfield3 Hang on in there.
Once someone is on a syringe driver it is usually only a couple of days till the end
You will know when you are getting to the very end as the breathing will change, with long gaps between breaths known as Chayne Stokes breathing. Once this starts it is usually a matter of hours (mum lasted 48 hours) and you will find his limbs will go cold and his eyes turn milky. Dont be afraid of these changes, it is part of the normal stages.
((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
It sounds like you are almost at the end now @garfield3 Hang on in there.
Once someone is on a syringe driver it is usually only a couple of days till the end
You will know when you are getting to the very end as the breathing will change, with long gaps between breaths known as Chayne Stokes breathing. Once this starts it is usually a matter of hours (mum lasted 48 hours) and you will find his limbs will go cold and his eyes turn milky. Dont be afraid of these changes, it is part of the normal stages.
((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Thanks for your kind words, canary. Unfortunately, I am not there and won't be able to. Will have to wait for that phone call. Probably too, we won't be able to be at the funeral since we head home to Spain on Wednesday .

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
how are you Garfield? How did it go over New year, hope you're feeling OK.

Thanks for asking. Things are not too bad under the circumstances. Hubby's father died on the 30th December. The day after he saw him. He is having a difficult time with things. The funeral is Thursday and is flying home for it. Unfortunately, I can't go due to work commitments and boss being a bit t*****y about it. The main thing is hubby going. A difficult week.

Hope things are not too bad for you and Xmas etc was ok. BFN

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im glad your hubby managed to see his dad and say goodbye before he passed away @garfield3 .
I hope the traveling and the funeral go as well as possible. Im sorry you cant get to go with him
(((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))