Few changes in circumstances

boomerang45

Dec 22, 2010
West Midlands
Wow, haven’t been here for a while! I saw Dad in Australia in his nursing home but in 2017, my mother here sadly passed away from COPD on 13 April. ?I flew to see Dad just a couple of months after the funeral and learnt he had pancreatic cancer as well as Alzheimer’s. As he had the Alzheimer’s, Dad was unaware he had cancer, just thought it was stomach ache. Good thing, really. On 20 April 2018, Dad fell blissfully asleep for the last time. ?. I flew out to Australia just a few days later, arriving at mums heavenly birthday. Dad was cremated the next day and he had lost so much weight that I didn’t think they had the right man in the coffin! He was scattered on Saturday, the day after mums funeral anniversary, over a beautiful waterfall.

I still struggle with the dates, my husbands, mums and dads, but there’s that suitcase of memories that can be opened up anytime we like, and I’m say that to you all. Never stop talking about your loved ones. I’m knitting Barbie doll blankets to be sold to raise money for ALZHEIMERS and DEMENTIA.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
So many sad stories on here but we can only do what we can. The man in my dads coffin didn't look like dad, he was far too small and thin to be dad but he was dad.

Open the suitcase when you are ready @boomerang45 but keep knitting.