Festive thoughts

allylee

Feb 28, 2005
west mids
A diificult time ahead over the next few days for all of us involved with AD. From those who have the difficulty of being full/ part time carers at home, to those who feel guilt and sadness with their loved ones being in care homes, to those who are grieving , having lost someone this year. A mixture of emotions, heightened by the festive spirit .
We are pushing the boat out this year, realising thats it the last Christmas that mum will really have any awareness of, who knows what next year will bring.
To everyone who shares this rollercoaster ride, thanx for your support .
love and peace to you all.
Ally xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Bless you Ally for thinking of others at this time. For me this is what being part of the TP family means.
We now treat every special occasion as though it will be the last (with recognition).
However I am sure many of us will be thinking the same again next year.
I echo your good wishes to all out there. Connie

Bets

Aug 11, 2005
South-East London, UK
Yes, it is a very difficult time but, dare I whisper it, some things force you to smile (or you'd never stop crying).

I bought a present for my husband to give me and gave it to him this morning, suggesting he wrap it and leave it under the tree. I gave him some wrapping paper and bows, etc, and left him to it while I went off to make some coffee. When I came back less than five minutes later, he had indeed finished wrapping the present (or, at least, stuck a gift tag and bow on it) but he couldn't find it! I knew it must be in the room somewhere so we played hunt the present until he found it hidden behind a Christmas card.

I hope everyone has as good a Christmas as they can.

Bets

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Bets, he had tried to do the Christmas bit and hide it till morning you see, how lovely of him to want to surprise you like that. I know it didn't quite make it, but believe me, the thought and the love were all still there believe me. Lotsaluvandhugs, She, XX :)

allylee

Feb 28, 2005
west mids
Bets, you did make me smile! Mum hides absolutely everything, and were constantly playing hide and seek, so your story hit a note.
I wrapped a big box of choccies for mum to give her neighbour , whos golden.Needless to say when I came to take them round today, mum had moved them from where Id left them.
After searching high and low, I resigned myself to a last minute dash to get another . Took some rubbish out to mums bin, and there was the empty tin, and the wrappers, shed scoffed the lot, bless her!!
Like you say Bets, theres often a smile to be got from our predicament.
Lots of love Ally xx