Feelings after parents gone into Care Home

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thank you so much for all your replies. A lot of feelings, thoughts and situations we share.

I am beginning to be less emotional and although feel the guilt I am starting to come to terms with the situation and feel that it was the best move for my parents. It has still only been a matter of weeks.
But they have been accepted as permanent residents and the home have said they can meet their needs ( they had done a home visit )
I am told they are settling well.
Still can't visit due to Covid .....but have been send photos were they look fine and happy and have been able to go and drop off a few treats.
I'm working on getting the house ready for sale and find it has been easier to be there.
My husband and I have always said that professionals and politicians need to read these Forums !
I was exactly the same with dad having cared for him and when he went into the home it was like grieving. I know you are looking to sell their house but you need to take time for yourself as you recover from caring.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My mum passed away 3 weeks ago after spending 11 days in respite. Her death was totally unexpected and unrelated to Dementia but now I'm racked with guilt questioning would the same outcome have come to fruition should she nor have been in respite. I guess I will never know

It looks as if everything has happened so quickly and unexpectedly it has run away with you @Backy Jane.

Please try not to blame yourself for anything. No one can know how life or death turns out and we have no control with serious illness. All we can know is we did our best with the information we have at the time. I`m sure that applies to you.

I`m so sorry for your loss but hope you will be able to grieve in peace.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts