Feeling very alone

Pennie

Jun 16, 2013
Somerset
Oh Glennie, you do sound rather isolated, not only geographically but in yourself too. Can you get a nice local person to come in a couple of times a week to help you, and then eventually work up to using that time to get out for a bit on your own?

I hope you are having a better day today, thinking of you.

sarahp

Feb 23, 2013
Hi Glennie

Have you tried going to the day centre with your husband at first, my mum also won't go but I'm going to try that next. Even if you just pop in for a coffee with him and doing it stage by stage? Also in Wales not sure about everywhere else there is carers outreach and they have workshops for carers so you can meet up and have a coffee with other carers? Thoughts go out to you xxxx

artyfarty

Oct 30, 2009
London
Glennie - my thoughts are with you. Things sound incredibly difficult for you at the moment. I hope you can find a way to ease the burden a little. As others have said, this forum is a life saver. Come back often. I was crying when I originally posted and reading all the replies makes me cry again but for a different reason. Knowing there are others going through exactly the same thing and feeling the same way is very comforting. I hope you feel the same sort of support as I have.

nerak

Account Closed
Jul 4, 2013
ireland
feel like an only child??

Oh dear, do not ever say you're over the top. I do that too, weep and wail and moan because I'm simply out of energy or overwhelmed. Then I go back and think, geez, what a drama queen, so many others here are much worse off than me. But it's the good thing about TP, the only one who judges us is ourselves.
Want to say more but have stuff to do, will be back to say, forgive yourself, it's all normal to feel that way.

Stephanie, xxz[/QUO

Feel like I have no family that im an only child here?? I have 2 bros and 2 sis in fairness my bro in uk is very supportive but the others are nasty and think im nuts and that mam is stressed out by me living with her??????????? they think shes depressed?? and that i am causing her stress?? feel very alone and am screaming for help from health services getting nowhere like youre a number on a list and we will get back to you?? horrible way to be! I feel for all of you who dont have your family with you 100 per cent!:mad:

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Just wanted to add my support to all the others. I love TP because everyone is so understanding, and shares your despair and frustration, without making you feel guilty.

It's a hard road we're all travelling, but at least we have the wonderful support of others on here who know - and care.

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
A crazy suggestion to lighten your load

Hi Arty Farty.

I have just read your post. You have a right to moan and feel put out. For me it has been the same since January. Dementia takes more and more time. Also solutions that should work just prove ineffective as Mum proves she doesn't have the cognitive capacity anymore to read clocks, understand that her alarm ringing at 8 means she can stay in bed until then, so she rises with the birds.

Very, very frustrating. A daft thought, but one that might allow you to get a little creative artwork done. Do you have a spare room in the house? Perhaps you could let that out to a nice young person, or a middle-aged person needing to change their lives around a bit, but instead of charging rent for the room, you ask the lodger to help you with your Mum. So you could get some undisturbed work time, knowing the other person is 'on duty', yet you are still able to supervise and ensure things are done as you would like.

Just a thought. Hang in there, and why not post some photos of your art work. I would love to see what you are doing, when you can focus. Love BE

artyfarty

Oct 30, 2009
London
Big effort - we now have my daughter back in what was the spare room so no space for anyone else! My boyfriend and I wan to get a place together which leaves us with problem of what to do with my mum if I move out (daughter will be coming with us). She is adamant she wants to stay in her own home and we have thought of trying to get somebody in to live with her when the time comes but I can't imagine anyone would want to take it on. Her biggest problem is boredom and loneliness and I've tried to find support groups and lunch clubs to keep her occupied but it's getting her there which is the problem. She won't use dial-a-ride so I am applying for a taxi card for her. Even then she does not want to go on her own and I work so can't take her. Local authority say they can't help so I am a bit stuck on how to keep her occupied. The logistics of it all are defeating me!

IloveNY

Jan 22, 2013
Please feel very free to vent

Hi there

I find this forum very useful as a a place to let off steam. I noted your point about non-involved siblings. OH YES.

Please do continue to post and don't feel you need to apologise in any way.