Feeling up beat

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
As I've mentioned in other threads my OH collasped on Christmas day last year and spent 12 weeks in hospital, he came out unable to walk and had lost loads of muscle mass. A lovely day yesterday at my sisters. OH manage to walk from his wheelchair to the table, sit on a dining chair, ate all his lunch and wouldn't let me help him, first time in over a year he had acheived this. The best Christmas present he could have given me, tho' he did tell me I could buy myself a new car from him :p

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
This is one Christmas for you to remember, you must feel very proud of your OH, he's worked hard to be able to do that, as have you supporting him every step f the way.
xx

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Thanks All, he never lets me down, bless him. I was feeling a little sad, no card etc and he always gave me the most beautiful of them but his independence surpassed all that.

I certainly will Dimpsy. He has worked hard but he always has had a positive mental attitude. I have told him all along that it's baby steps and every week he manages to do some new for the first time.
He's amazing.

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
As I've mentioned in other threads my OH collasped on Christmas day last year and spent 12 weeks in hospital, he came out unable to walk and had lost loads of muscle mass. A lovely day yesterday at my sisters. OH manage to walk from his wheelchair to the table, sit on a dining chair, ate all his lunch and wouldn't let me help him, first time in over a year he had acheived this. The best Christmas present he could have given me, tho' he did tell me I could buy myself a new car from him :p[/QUOTE

Glad to read this wishing you both all the best next year .
My oh had chest infection and was in hospital 2 week and as had trouble walking and getting up and down been told he as Parkinson’s . But we keep going a day at a time.

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
As I've mentioned in other threads my OH collasped on Christmas day last year and spent 12 weeks in hospital, he came out unable to walk and had lost loads of muscle mass. A lovely day yesterday at my sisters. OH manage to walk from his wheelchair to the table, sit on a dining chair, ate all his lunch and wouldn't let me help him, first time in over a year he had acheived this. The best Christmas present he could have given me, tho' he did tell me I could buy myself a new car from him :p
Great that you had a good day, it's the little things that make the difference isn't it.