Feeling the cold

cris

Aug 23, 2006
Chelmsford
Has anyone else experienced that the one cared for is often very cold, or "feels" the cold. I know this summer will not go done as one of the better ones but Susan shivers nearly all the time, especially morning / evening. I have to put fan heaters on in the morning for washing and dressing and again in the evening. People may think I have over dresssed her at times. Bra, t-shirt, long sleeve warm top, and even a coat when we go out. I will add that she does look (goosebumps) and feels colder than I remember her in the "good ol' days". I am begining to dread winter coming on. (I don't mind winter by-the-way, it is just another season) Wondering how she will cope with the colder days. I can only turn the heat up so far. It may be her medication I guess.
cris

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Hi Cris,

I'm not sure whether it will be the medication. Mum is exactly the same and all we can do it let her bundle up in sweaters and stuff.

At first we thought she may be dressing inappropriately because she was confused about dressing but she never breaks a sweat even when we're all in shorts and she has five layers on!!

I've heard that lots of other people have found this and I wondered whether it is because the part of the brain effected is also the part that deals with temperature control?

Sorry I have nothing more helpful. Have you got cavity wall insulation on your house - it made mum and dad's house significantly warmer so cuts down on heating bills?

Kate P
XXX

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Cris

John's exactly the same, he has so many layers of clothing you'd think it was the middle of winter. I'm convinced the body thermostat is affected.

All you can do is make sure Sue's comfortable.

Love,

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
I too have this problem with my husband. I often wonder how hot it needs to be before he sheds a layer!

Linda x

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
Yes, same here with John as well. Very hard at night as I'm boiling and can't get to sleep while he's all muffled up.:)

cris

Aug 23, 2006
Chelmsford
I'm pleased that I am not the only one. It is nice to know there are others.
Kate: Yes I guess it could be that part of the brain.
Hazel: I go around town and I am sure people look and think what she got on there.
Jackie, Linda: I have the same issue. Nearly naked me, window open, Susan pyjamas, heavy quilt curled up, can just see her hair. If she didn't feel chilled I would worry, but as I say she does not feel as warm to touch as she used to.
thanks all for replying.
cris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75