feeling so low

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Patient transport have taken my husband back into hospital. I no the ward number but havent been given the phone number. That was at 9.15 this morning. I've had no phone call from them. I know he will go very agitated when he got to the hospital. I put a note in his bag saying what he likes to do. He was singing this morning when he got up ( well trying to). I think thats made it worse for me. Same happened to my mum and she ended up 10mths in and they wanted to keep her for good. I'm fighting tears

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
chip said:
Patient transport have taken my husband back into hospital. I no the ward number but havent been given the phone number. That was at 9.15 this morning. I've had no phone call from them.

If you phone the main hospital switchboard they should be able to put you through to the ward and then you can get the direct line phone number from them for future use.

I hope you are both OK.

Take care
Brenda

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
So sorry chip.

However difficult their behaviour, they are so vulnerable. You know how he`ll be and you want to protect him, but he must be going in for a good reason.

I do hope both of you will be all right. I`m sure you are suffering as much as he is.

Take care

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
They have taken him in as he has got worse since his seizure and the CT showed a decline. Its to moniter medication and see if any can improve him i think. He has taken myoclonic jerks for about a year and a half and the seizure is a step on from that. He still takes the jerks. I'm going to find the day hospital phone number and ask them to give me the number. I just have this horrible feeling he might not get home.

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Re: Feeling low

Hi Chip sorry you feel so low. Ive had a real battle with my Mum going into a home. People will tell you on here its been hard. Im sure your husband will get cared for. Has he got to go in for a short time. My mum is 52 and in her situation she is cared for better there than the care my dad could give her. I hope things will be ok for you

Mark

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
I know how you feel Chip as my husband collapsed and was taken into hospital in February. Luckily it was only a UTI but the support from this site was great when I was feeling low, so just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and hope all goes well.

Linda x:)

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
he is 53 i've just come of the phone phoning the ward they have given me a number to get straight though to them .
They said there is a settling in time and will see how he goes. . They said he is ok at the moment and no problems He is sitting in the sun beside some other patients. So i'm feeling a bit better. I have no idea how long he is in though. They said he is young to have this.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Really glad that things sound as if they are settling a little. Thinking of you both and wishing you a better day tomorrow, than today. Regards

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Chip
Sorry to hear you are feeling so low......I've no advice to offer but please just stay strong
Love Wendy xxxxx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Chip .. please don't fight the tears ... if they need to come they need to come .... nor feel it's wrong to feel low ......

Not much to offer to help other than to say you know TP is here ....

Love, Karen, x

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
Hi chip

my mums been in and out of hospital a few times to have her condition and meds monitored, im sure once theyve settled your husbands condition and are sure he's having the right meds he'll be home.
hope things work out ok for im the meantime try and take some time out for you while he's in there, that way when he does come home you'll be rested.
take care
donna x

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear chip, chin up sweetheart. You have done so well, take things slowly.

As our Norman says "Day by day" It really is the only way. Love n'hugs

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Thanks all. For all your kind words. I have also had a few friends call me. I will try and get sleep tonight.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could all get together and have a party. But with the problems we all have i don't think that would happen. Thank goodness for TP It lets us help each other.

blue sea

Aug 24, 2005
England
We're all thinking of you, Chip. Hope you sleep well now you know he's safe and settled.

Party sounds great idea - it'll just have to be a virtual one - I'll bring the wine!
Blue sea

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Chip

Sorry to hear your husband is in hospital.

It is good he has settled and maybe if they can stabilize his condition with getting the medication right, it will benfit you both in the future.

Thinking of you

Alfjess

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
Dear Chip,
So sorry to read about your husband, now you know he`s settling, i hope you can rest easy in the knowledge that he`s being well cared for. Chin up chuck.......sleep well, thinking of you,
Love Jan. X

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
I understand so well what you are going through Chip. Decision time for me is looming and I just do not know how I will cope. Being strong is difficult at times and I think it does help to know that you are not alone.Sleep well and don't worry. You are doing all you can.

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hiya Chip

When i read your message, it struck a chord, i know that worrying feeling when they are taken into hospital and your unsure of the outcome, but i'm glad your feeling a little better and i hope you had a good sleep last night.

I'm sure everything will work out ok, and hopefully it won't be long before he's back home again, in the meantime, try to use the time as a little "well deserved respite" and give yourself some "me" time.

Best wishes
Love Alex x