feeling so low

Gromit

Apr 3, 2006
Edinburgh
Knew you could do it!

Chip

Glad to hear you got a bit of your Robert back - if anyone can show them how to do it you can! And especially glad that the Nurse was able to witness this.

I hope you get to see the consultant soon - and it sounds like you will have plenty to discuss. Make sure you get full answers - I'm sure you will - and no excuses. You have certainly done your research, and remember you are the one who knows more about this because you are actually "living" it!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and Robert.

Stay in touch when you can.

Alison
x

RussellC

Jul 6, 2006
Chip

Just to wish you all the best. We found Dad being in hospital the worst thing to deal with. You are wonderful in your support of Robert, and an inspiration to those carers also struggling.

God bless

Russell

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
is this person centered care?

Hope this works its a picture of hospital bed his clothes hung on the wall at head board also his name hand written on a bit of paper. Juice i took in has been put away only paper hankies. Just wondered if anyone else has seen clothes hung on wall. Though hospitals were up on bugs now. You aren't even allowed to sit on beds but in this one there is no seats even in rooms you have to ask for one or two

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Chip, it looks as bleak as anything I can imagine. It is third world care in one of the richest countries in the world. Disgraceful.

Gromit

Apr 3, 2006
Edinburgh
grrr

Crikey that makes my blood boil seeing that photo, Chip. How could anyone be comfortable in an environment like that?

You keep your chin up though. Add it to your list of things when you speak to the consultant! It truly is a disgrace.

thinking of you and wishing you lots of success with your battle! We are all with you.

Alison
X

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
I have more photo's 1 i think would upset a lot though of my husband in there in tears. There is no door ether. It is not suitable for Dementia suffers. Who should be in a homely place. It looks like the beds and place is out of the 50's. I am going to try and get more photo's then send them to the care commission. Psychiatric patents are treated second class. How many of us would go into hospital if it looked like that?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Chip, you must be so upset to see your poor husband in a place like that. Let's hope they come up with some answers soon, so that you can get him settled again.

Love,

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Chip, cannot imagine how you must be feeling. There may be nothing we can do, but we are all thinking of you and Robert. Take care sweetheart.

Attachments

• hugs.gif
    hugs.gif
    27.4 KB · Views: 239

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Got a meeting on Thursday at 11am. The staff nurse said to me today he can have RESPITE here. This will be an interesting meeting. As the place he goes to respite is a home from home bungalow they have a cat, they go out every day on trips, ten pin bowling. they do a wish list and find out what the person likes to do, bbq's in summer as well very person centered. My husband supports rangers they will put a rangers duvet cover on and have cuddly toy animals as well on the bed. So thats something else i will ask if they will do that as well. I bought a baby budgie today so he is going to get a surprise when he comes home. Only got it today and its going on your finger already.