Feeling so alone

Blondie81

Jul 25, 2015
Hi everyone,

I havnt been on here in a long time. But just feel at the end of tether at the minute. Mum is now in later stages of this awful disease. She has been eating a lot less. And drinking has always been a issue but is not getting so much worse. She is on a antibiotic for a urine infection from probably not enough fluids. It's just breaking my heart watching her. But everything is just even harder as all of you know with Covid still such a big thing in our lives. I don't have a big family so would try see friends as much as possible. But where I am covid is just rising and even though I want to socialize for example I'm meeting friends for dinner later. I feel such guilt as I may take home covid from being in a bar. It's just all messing with my head. I just don't know where to turn. It's hard to talk about this with people who are not dealing with it as they don't understand.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
@Blondie81 I feel for you. Personally I would go out and enjoy myself but maybe avoid busy places and stay outside if I can.
You need to keep your friendship circle going and getting out and about can be good for you.

Blondie81

Jul 25, 2015
@Blondie81 I feel for you. Personally I would go out and enjoy myself but maybe avoid busy places and stay outside if I can.
You need to keep your friendship circle going and getting out and about can be good for you.
Thanks for the advice I think I will go. Just even to get out and clear my head. We are outside for drinks first then it's just us at a table for dinner. Have to live your life but it's hard especially when you have a vulnerable person at home with you.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I agree with @Starting on a journey -don't allow yourself to become isolated. This happened to me over the years and it becomes even harder to break that cycle. I know the anxiety I felt when I left mum for an hour in the early days and even later on when I worked, but the situation will only get worse and you need support from friends. Plenty of ventilation, wear a mask if your concerned, but go and see your friends