Feeling so alone

campervan21

May 4, 2017
Dad has infection he's on antibiotics been with him all afternoon just got back here me, he looks more settled, bless him , don't know how he keeps going

Margaret59

Apr 4, 2017
Yorkshire
Catch up

Hi everyone,
I haven't been on TP for a while. I don't know where my days go lately. One minute it's breakfast time then before I know it I'm preparing dinner, then putting everything back in its place (again) ready for the following day.
There have been a few changes in my OH. He seems much much slower than he was previously. I've realised that this is because he is having much more of a problem carrying out whatever it is he is doing. He seems to take ages to get washed, shaved etc. Even though I leave his clean clothes laid out for him he struggles over what order to put them on. When I watch him it's as if he is stopping, thinking, and trying to make sense of it all. Prior to his illness it was always me who was last to be ready to leave the house to go anywhere. Now I race to get myself organised as I know I will then have to check that he has been to the toilet, I have to put his shoes and coat on, make sure he has his wallet and tissues in his pocket and then off we go.
The CPN was here today, lovely lady. She is going to get an OT to come and spoke about a Support Worker.
OH has also got the date for his next scan, 3rd August. From what I can gather this one is extremely thorough. It's called an NM Brain Ioflupane DaTSCAN.
I'm so grateful that unlike many people who still don't have the answers they need, it looks like myself and my OH are nearing an official diagnosis. The consultant says that this scan will show what parts of the brain are affected and by how much.
Love and hugs, Margaret xx

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
He seems much much slower than he was previously. I've realised that this is because he is having much more of a problem carrying out whatever it is he is doing. He seems to take ages to get washed, shaved etc. Even though I leave his clean clothes laid out for him he struggles over what order to put them on. When I watch him it's as if he is stopping, thinking, and trying to make sense of it all.

Hi Margaret, my OH also takes ages now to get ready in the morning. I'm wondering now if he is trying to make sense of it all. I hadn't thought that before. The one thing he has started doing is, when he takes his dirty clothes off, he's hanging them back in the wardrobe.

I'm glad you're nearing an official diagnosis.

campervan21

May 4, 2017
Hi campervan21,
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.
Take care, love and hugs, Margaret x

Margaret59 and ladyA
Thank you for your kind thoughts at this time, how everything moves at a pace , promised dad we would look after mum, as we all are anyway , not sure if he heard us, hope he did, now se all are making sure mum ok, she gets confused and forgetful, I will be seeing her tomorrow lunchtime hope you are all ok x

Last edited:

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Margaret59 and ladyA
Thank you for your kind thoughts at this time, how everything moves at a pace , promised dad we would look after mum, as we all are anyway , not sure if he heard us, hope he did, now se all are making sure mum ok, she gets confused and forgetful, I will be seeing her tomorrow lunchtime hope you are all ok x

I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

campervan21

May 4, 2017
Thank you all I went to see mum at lunchtime she asked me if dad had died or was he still alive she couldn't remember, poor mum x