feeling scared

kayze

Jan 20, 2014
Hi,

I haven't been here in a while.

My husband (Liam) has deteriorated so much that we are waiting for the palliative care team to do an assessment which should be this week.

I feel scared of what is going to happen, I am coping so far but just feel really shocked even though I have had time to prepare.

Can anyone please tell me what the palliative care team do, they are going to be coming from our local hospice.

Thank you.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Phew! That's hard to take Kayze. I'm very sorry that you are having to face this. The care team will probably assess Liam as to whether he needs palliative care and discuss with you what that will entail. Perhaps they will discuss where the care should take place and possible pain relief (if the need arises). They will also provide a phone number so you can speak to someone at anytime. The number of visits and fluid intake will also be spoken about.

You may think you are prepared but it's still difficult to deal with.

Please keep posting if you can-you will receive plenty of support here.

Love,

Lyn T XX

kayze

Jan 20, 2014
Thank you Chuggalug, yes liam is still at home, he will be getting something called hospice to home by the home care team that's what our GP said, but I will wait and see after the assessment.

Thank you LYNT, for the information, I had a phone call from the hospice they will do a home visit next Tuesday.

Thanks for the support, I know this sounds silly but I'm finding my own post upsetting, think its just seeing the reality of what is going to happen.

Love kayze.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Thank you Chuggalug, yes liam is still at home, he will be getting something called hospice to home by the home care team that's what our GP said, but I will wait and see after the assessment.

Thank you LYNT, for the information, I had a phone call from the hospice they will do a home visit next Tuesday.

Thanks for the support, I know this sounds silly but I'm finding my own post upsetting, think its just seeing the reality of what is going to happen.

Love kayze.

Oh, well thank God you've got a GP who cares what happens to you both. Couldn't be more glad to know that.

Keep in touch, kayze. We're here to support you when needed, xxxxxxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon

Love kayze.

Yes you will find your post upsetting. You are putting into words our greatest fears-but we will support you as far as we can. Don't ever be afraid of posting and voicing your fears and thoughts

Love

Lyn T XX

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
The written word is so powerful. keep posting if you can and know that we are all thinking of you.

count2ten

Dec 13, 2013
Hi,

I haven't been here in a while.

My husband (Liam) has deteriorated so much that we are waiting for the palliative care team to do an assessment which should be this week.

I feel scared of what is going to happen, I am coping so far but just feel really shocked even though I have had time to prepare.

Can anyone please tell me what the palliative care team do, they are going to be coming from our local hospice.

Thank you.

The palliative care team, from my experience, are the most dedicated, experienced people who will put their collective arms around you both and hold you up when you most need it. Sending my love and strength xxxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
kayze, I am so sorry you are both in this sad and difficult place. Of course you can never be prepared and you are afraid.
You will find your way through this though, and I'm sure the palliative care team will be a great help.
Do keep posting on here, there are lots of people who really care. Love and hugs to you both. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I'm so sorry to read your sad news. This is devastating for you, but you must make sure that you look after yourself, as well as Liam. By that I mean to ensure you eat regularly etc. You're going to need every ounce of strength possible, to get through the days ahead.

But you know you have a Circle of Friends here, with you in spirit, who will do all they can to help sustain you. They have propped me up so many times, and will do the same for you. xxx

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
The only words of advice I can offer to you are "don't anticipate situations - just accept" - it is a devastating illness and the long journey to peace is arduous for both patient and loved ones - especially the "watcher" Hopefully you will be well supported by the Hospice team who usually are the most dedicated of people with an innate understanding of how to alleviate the distressing symptoms that might arise. I am thinking of you WIFE