Feeling sad

janma221

Apr 23, 2013
Powys
Hi
I haven't posted for a long time as nothing has changed since my mother was admitted to her care home. Now she doesn't recognise me and is mainly asleep. The GP rang me to say her stomach was swollen and her breathing was not good. He is pretty sure she now has cancer (she is 87). Dementia is such a cruel disease and I hoped she would slip away peacefully I still hope she does before the cancer causes her any pain. She is not in any discomfort apart from her breathing and is eating well so I hope she goes in her sleep.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That is sad janma. I'm sorry your mother is so poorly. It is indeed a cruel disease.

Roosy

Jun 14, 2015
Warwickshire
Hi

I have only just joined the forum today. This is my first post. When I read the title of the thread it seemed that this was just for me. I have been feeling very sad this weekend. Mum was diagnosed last year. She is still at home and coping well. It's just that I sometimes feel cross with the situation we find ourselves in and this manifests itself in me being impatient. Then I am racked with guilt and so on.... Yesterday was a difficult one. I took her food shopping in the rain and it was really trying ... keeping an eye on her safety shopping packing bags getting to the car helping her to the door going back to the car .....etc etc. To top it all off I ended up with a migraine which resulted in me having to go to bed! I had to miss a family party but thankfully mum was able to go ..thanks to my husband. So... today I have been looking at lots of information on line because I realise I have been in denial really! Wanting my mum back!
She has been with me today for Sunday lunch and will go home later this evening. She's sleeping at present and I look at her with love... and vow that I will make her life as pleasant as possible for as long as she needs me.

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Roosy welcome to TP, and Janma so sorry, I too had a bad day with mater yesterday, I won't bore you all, but yes the shopping, I instead got drunk mush to B's anger, but I just needed to forget. I will blog yesterday.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Sorry to hear about your mother Janma. The fact that the GP rang you to discuss it sounds like he is caring, so I'm sure he will prescribe pain relief to keep your mother comfortable until it is time for her to finally slip away.

Hope she stays peaceful and comfortable. She is perhaps having some lovely dreams in those long hours asleep. Take care.

Roosy

Jun 14, 2015
Warwickshire
Hi Roosy. Welcome to TP. I'm sorry you're having a bad time. When you're ready you might like to post a thread of your own. There will always be people around to help or comfort. Just go to the 'I Care For Someone With Dementia' part of the forum and click on 'post new thread'.