Feeling sad

optocarol

Nov 23, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
I haven't posted for quite a while, but had a first today. OH didn't make it to the toilet; fortunately we were in a relatively secluded place, hope it stays that way till the evidence decomposes! Just seems like maybe the beginning of the end, have to say it was a relief to hand him over to care home staff to clean up.

mumsgone

Dec 23, 2015
It's part and parcel of the disease and at least as you say the care home staff had the job of the clean up. My stepfather decided he needed a wee and proceeded to do so in the middle of the lounge at his care home luckily a nurse was on hand with a wastepaper basket as there was no stopping or reasoning with him !!

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
I am so scared of incontinence and inability to use the toilet.
I wouldn't be able to cope with it.
That is what I think now.
Maybe I will change my mind in the future..
I have noticed we get used to things we were sure we would never cope with.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
I am so scared of incontinence and inability to use the toilet.
Yes, I understand It could be gradual and you get used to using pull up Tena, and having kitchen roll, dog poo bags, wipes and rubber gloves at hand. But your fears are understandable, I think it was a major part of the nightmare for me. warmest, all sympathy, Kindred

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I am so scared of incontinence and inability to use the toilet.uldn

I always thought that this would be my line in the sand - that I wouldn't be able to cope with it. Turns out that when the time came I managed. I think you're right about getting to things we were sure we wouldn't be able to cope with.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
With my husband incontinence is intermittent and unexpected. I have dealt with the very worst of it simply because there was no one else to do so. If it was an every day thing I would have to think about a care home because added to all the other issues I couldn't deal with that too. The accumulation of problems over a long period saps all the mental and physical strength out if you.