Feeling really horrible today

haze

Jul 17, 2008
surrey
Today I feel really low so many things are going wrong and I feel absolutly useless, firstly my husband pulled the cord to hard in the bathroom which pulled away from the fitting, I have no idea how to fix it and normally hubby would have done it like a shot but now he has no idea what to do. I went out to do the mowing and cant get the blasted thing to start and hubby just looks straight through me why is life so hard it feels like my life has been taken away just like my husbands has. Life is so unfair I feel really down, someone cheer me up please!!!!

one united

Mar 2, 2009
North West
I'm sorry you're having a tough start to the day :(
I'm no use on how to fix the light I'm afraid. Is there a local odd job man who can help?
What sort of mower is it? I can never start our old petrol one. It had to be serviced each year to get it to perform.
I wish I could think of something more helpful or even funny to cheer you up, but I wanted you to know I'd read and am thinking of you :)

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hug!!!

To cheer you up.

If it's a petrol mower make sure you have switched it on. I know this sounds patronising but I once spent 10 minutes trying to get the darned thing to start (husbnd wouldn't let me use the mower when he was alive as he said I was too little) and had to phone my dad. I hadn't turned the dial to the "on" position, and discovered I also had to put the choke on. It still took a few good tugs to get it started, but now I'm quite an expert.

Re the light fitting, I'd be tempted to get an electrician in. I have changed light fittings and switches myself, but I'm always terrified I'm going to electrocute myself even though I switch the electric off at the mains.

Life IS unfair, sometimes it is absolute pants and this is such a great place to have a rant.

Hope your day gets better. I won't say it can't get any worse because that would be tempting fate ;)

Best wishes

Vonny xxx

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
I'm sorry you are having a bad day. I can't do much to help, except to say that we are all here for you. I am sending you a BIG BIG (((HUG))).
xxx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello:

When one thing goes wrong then the day seems to go that way!!

It sounds like an electrician' job for your light fitting. I suspect it is not legal these days for the 'unqualified' to mess with electricity. If in doubt the building supply type shops can usually recommend someone.

Good luck. Hope the day improves. Love Jan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sorry you`re having a bad day Haze.

If it wasn`t the light cord and the mower it would probably be something else. Sometimes the enormity of our situation gets to us and it`s all too much to cope with.

It amazes me how well we do cope with this living nightmare. However fed up we are, in spite of all our trials, there is still time for others in similar situations.

So don`t beat yourself up Haze. You are having a bad day today. I hope tomorrow will be better.

Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Haze...

Sometimes you just know you're going to have a bad day...:(

I went out to do the mowing and cant get the blasted thing to start
...but cutting the grass already..:eek:

I know what you mean about lawnmowers though..my husband has 2 petrol mowers and I can't start either of them..so they're rusting in the garage..:rolleyes:

Last year I bought myself a lightweight rechargeable one..(no flex to cut through..;))

I sympathise with you.....it does seem as though there's always something else to think about or do...!

Things will get better..!

love gigi xx

Tiz

Feb 6, 2009
SW England
Care and Repair ?

Dear Haze,
In my area we have an organization called "Care and Repair" which can be accessed through the Local Authority's Social Service's Adult Help Desk. They will come in and help with this kind of problem. I hope you can find a similar company.
Take Care ( when mowing !!)
Tiz

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Hi Haze last week i felt as you do now, the weight of the world on my shoulders do not know why, perhaps lack of sleep and reaisation that thia is what my life is going to be , but with the help of TP and great children , i now feel able to cope once again for now anyway. taking care of the garden was always left to me, but lifting the very heavy mower up 4 steps without trevs assistance even with me telling him exactly what help i needed was mer wity blank look not his fault , but i do utter an occasional swear word no not occasional frequent. Hope tp's suppoert can lift your spirits as it did mine love Pam

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Hello Haze

I know how you feel! Last week I was driving along with my husband by my side and all of a sudden the dashboard starts flashing that I need washer fluid. Now you wouldn't think it was that important, but I couldn't turn this flashy thing off! I eventually got home and asked my husband if he could open the bonnet of the car!! - I might as well have asked him to fly to the moon......after a lot of swearing and cursing I found the catch in the car, but couldn't get the bonnet to lift up!!

Needless to say I had to phone the garage and felt a real 'girl' - but one thing's for sure - I'll know how to do it next time....

Hope your day has improved - I find that if they start off badly everything else seems to go wrong too - hope I'm wrong in your case!!
Lots of love:)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Haze

I think we will all know what you mean;) Here's something to cheer your day up:) View attachment 4503

Tomorrow will be a better day. It is dreadful when we have those times that we realise we are responsible for every little thing:(

Love

Last edited:

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Hey Haze

dont know how to fix lawnmowers or light fittings but here is a wee bit of advice!!!!!

Hope this is of help:D xx

Attachments

• 594935[1].jpg
    594935[1].jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 148

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar