feeling proud of myself

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi just had to tell you ,was woke up this morning with Peter standing over me he was in a state , bless him he had gone to the toilet and don't know what happen but it was all over the bathroom he has never done this before, he was very upset , the thing is I am not very good with this or so I thought .l hope I did right I told him it was ok we all have accidents and I cleaned him up put him back in bed and then clean it all up to my surprise it did not bother me , it made me realize what is in stall for me with the things I will have to do and now I know I can do this look after him and keep him safe I know its going to be hard but I am going to do my best for him he is just like a little boy and I want to hold him and tell him it will be alright but it won't Will it, hope you don't mine me telling you but I really felt proud of myself the way I handled it , I know I sound daft but when I helped my sister's look after my mum I wasn't very good with that side of it but I did it , but this time I just was not bothered I wonder why. Christmas xxx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Well done Christmas - its not easy to do many of the personal parts of caring. Not only did you manage the physical part of it but you obviously dealt with it in a way that showed such love and kindness to Peter and that will have meant a lot to him.

I am not surprised you are pleased at how you coped, well done you ☺

Take care x

minxie

Dec 29, 2014
Well done !!
So you should be proud, such a difficult time for you!!!!!! stay strong.

God blessxx

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
copping

Well done !!
So you should be proud, such a difficult time for you!!!!!! stay strong.

God blessxx

I to had to deal with a similar situation after my lovely wife June came back from her first week in care.I think they tried to help her to much.so I had to deal with this situation and I was surprised how I managed to cope June was so embarrassed so I supposed WE both coped.how she manages to cope with personal care in MH I don't know they say she ok all of you take care

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
christmas and pins tony you should indeed be proud.

Someone once told me this was something she dreaded happening too, but we as carers , feeling so much love for the person with dementia, are able to grow with it.

Pear trees

Jan 25, 2015
Well done for keeping calm and just getting on with it.
It's the part of my mum's care I find hardest as well.

tigerlady

Nov 29, 2015
Well done christmas - I too thought that I could not cope with cleaning up my husband, but when it came to it, I managed fine, and wasnt squeamish about it at all - surprised myself.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
You should be proud of yourself Christmas, that is a part of caring which took a while to get used to. The funny thing is even OH got used to me doing a little cleaning up too, though she gets terribly embarrassed and calming her down is now the hardest part.

Keep it up.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Well done for coping so well, especially with something that was previously outside of your "comfort zone". It's amazing what you find you can do, isn't it, and you deserve to feel proud of yourself. xxx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Hi just had to tell you ,was woke up this morning with Peter standing over me he was in a state , bless him he had gone to the toilet and don't know what happen but it was all over the bathroom he has never done this before, he was very upset , the thing is I am not very good with this or so I thought .l hope I did right I told him it was ok we all have accidents and I cleaned him up put him back in bed and then clean it all up to my surprise it did not bother me , it made me realize what is in stall for me with the things I will have to do and now I know I can do this look after him and keep him safe I know its going to be hard but I am going to do my best for him he is just like a little boy and I want to hold him and tell him it will be alright but it won't Will it, hope you don't mine me telling you but I really felt proud of myself the way I handled it , I know I sound daft but when I helped my sister's look after my mum I wasn't very good with that side of it but I did it , but this time I just was not bothered I wonder why. Christmas xxx

Well well done. You should be proud of yourself. Keep posting. Aisling ( Ireland)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Well done from me too Christmas and Tony. I always thought that would be the line in the sand for me. Turns out it isn't. I think when something new faces us we just gather our strength and get on with it. If we can deal with things that's great. If we can't that's also ok. We shouldn't ever feel guilty if we meet a barrier we can't surmount.

Wishing you both much strength. x

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Thank you everyone I have felt so much better in myself because it was something I did not think I could coup with but now know I can ,I am getting there xxxxx Christmas.

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
This was something I thought I could never cope with but when the time came, just had to get on with it and managed ok, so I can understand that you felt proud, quite right too. well done Christmas, and everyone else too xxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa