Feeling of loss unable to visit care home

Norfolk Cherry

Feb 17, 2018
My mum has been in her care home for just over two years. About two months ago, she was diagnosed end of life due to several falls leading to a deterioration, loss of mobility, minimal eating and drinking. Several carers said they thought the visiting restrictions had contributed significantly to this. I have been allowed to visit in her room for the last two months (mask, weekly test etc) Now visiting has been banned again. It's been as dreadful as it sounds. But I have watched residents in the home being cared for incredibly well. I have often felt I wanted her home and experienced a profound sense of sadness, regret and loss, so I do understand that. But there are also many advantages of the home, activities, a constant change of friendly, kind, cheerful carers and a happy atmosphere. Things we can struggle to provide in our own homes day after relentless day. I just wanted to reassure people on here that it's not a completely negative thing. On the other hand I am not trying to undermine the awfulness of the situation and I can't imagine the trauma of putting a loved one in a home and never seeing them face to face again.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan