feeling low

squirrel

Aug 30, 2006
wiltshire
Have had very difficult couple of weeks to cope with, something happened within the family which was totally unexpected and has caused emotional upset which of course hasn't helped my mum in law who has AD, the whole time has been a roller coaster of emotions.( I've been poorly for the last couple of years with clinical depression and am finally feeling much stronger emotionally but still struggle now and then.) The rest of the family other than my father in law and auntie, seem to be finding it difficult to come to terms with this illness. Just needed a chat thanks for you all being there x a sad squirrel

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Squirrel,
I'm sorry you are going through a bad time at the moment. Take some time to get yourself back on your feet - you know yourself, and how low you can afford to get, without it becoming a bigger issue.
We are here to listen whenever you need to offload.
Love Helen

MrsMoneypenny

Sep 12, 2006
Suffolk
My Partners nickname for me is Squirrel made me smile to see someone else gets called that too !!
Trust me I know where you are coming from. I was diagnosed with ME about 3 years ago now and am doing a lot better but at times you feel like your back to square one. My partners Father has AD and we do a lot for them as my Mother in law has chronic Kidney Failure and is the “main” carer excluding us that looks after Dad. Mum in law is finding it difficult too. Understanding odd behaviour and weird things he says . Which incidentally are put down to him being daft or awkward. She is getting better but I think it’s a kind of denial because when she does acknowledge AD you can see the pain it causes her to think that her husband is no longer the man she married. Chin up and keep in touch. Sounds like we have a fair bit in common.

Naomi

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Squirrel, goodness the emotional ups and downs of dealing with dementia in the family are hard enough, aren't they? Without dementia issues, coping with emotional upset in a family is hard .... the two together are tough on anyone.....

There's lots of support to be found here ... so 'chat away'.....

Love, Karen (TF), x

Rosalind

Jul 2, 2005
Wiltshire
I've sent you a private message about an event in Wiltshire that you might find helpful. Remember you are not alone, you can always offload on TP and here everyone understands what you are going through.
Rosalind

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Squirrel
Just wanted to say chin up and keep going, not easy I know, but come on the boards and 'share'. You know the old saying, 'a trouble shared is a trouble halved' .
take care of yourself

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Hi Squirrel

Many years ago I suffered from depression and one day driving to work I heard in the radio "I can see clearly now the rain has gone, I can see all obstacles in my way.." I pulled over into a layby and wept as I have never wept before and as the tears subsided the "rain had gone" and although that was not the end, through the ups and downs I knew there was an end and that I would see it. I was lucky in that I only had to cope with my own problem.

You will find the emotional strength to cope with all that life throws at you.

Hugs

Dick

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi squirrel

am finally feeling much stronger emotionally but still struggle now and then

That is so good to hear!....You're bound to have times when you struggle but I'm glad you are generally feeling stronger.....you will beat it ....its tough but you're well on the way....keep up the fight!
don't be a sad squirrel....you've got so many friends on here
Love
x