feeling low

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
well its 2 years today since hubby died,so its a bit of a low day, the chemo is getting to me now as I have several side effects to cope with,but tomorrow is my 5th session so only one more to go,I do miss hubby not having him to tell how I feel and if he was here a big hug would do wonders,Ive tried not to let the treatment get me down,but its hard at the moment,but I shall pack my sandwiches tomorrow and me and the daughter will go sit for 4 hours and natter about nothing.feel better now I have told some one even if you dont want to hear it it helps to know some one is listening

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I hear you.

When I had chemo for hogkins lymphoma over 15 years ago it used to wipe me out for the rest of the week so I’ve got an idea of how you feel.

Gentle hugs xx

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
These anniversaries are so hard @Marmalade and dealing with anything on your own when you were once a couple is something I think we never get used to.

This week I have lost coping stones off my roof and three panels that once formed part of my boundary are no more. This would have been dealt with by my husband but now it’s up to me. My husband passed away three years ago this month and these jobs have become mountains to climb for me. Cross one thing off the top of my list ‘ to do ‘ and I put three on the bottom of the list..

Being unwell is the worst, please take care of yourself and make sure when all your treatment is over and your feeling better you treat yourself.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
oh @marmarlade , it's so hard getting through difficult days when our loved one is no longer around, or is otherwise unable to support us as they once did. Going through chemo must make things so much worse too.

I am glad your daughter will be with you for support, but it's still not the same as having our life partner by our sides.

I wish you all the best for tomorrow and hope that you are able to find time afterwards to relax and recuperate. Remember, we are all here for you x

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Best wishes for chemo, it is hard without the support we used to have. X