Feeling low, but then I know there is support.

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
Hi everyone.

I was feeling low earlier. I phoned my Mum, she went on a bus to Eastleigh this morning with some of her neighbours. She said she had a lovely time, but then she came home to an empty house. I mentioned previously that my Dad passed away about 5 weeks ago. She was in tears on the phone to me and then tried to be strong and said she was ok. I told her that she could talk to me and if she wanted to cry she could. She is more than a Mum, she is a very special friend too. I felt really upset that she was in tears and I couldn't hug her.

I then showed my husband Adrian the website, and showed him all my lovely replies from you all, and I read out some of the other threads. It was lovely because he listened and wanted to be part of it. It is so lovely knowing that their are wonderful people who care and understand.

I just wanted to share my thoughts with you all.

Love
Michele x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Michele

Thank you for your lovely post.

I'm afraid the 'empty house' syndrome is going to be with your mum for a while yet. It's even worse when she's been out enjoying herself in company, and then comes home to ---------- nothing! Somehow it'e not so bad if you've been out on your own.

You're a lovely daughter to support your mum in this way, and I'm sure she values that support. We're always here for you, just post, anytime.

Love,

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Michele,
This must be as equally hard on you, as it is on your poor mum. She is lucky to have your love and caring support, especially at such a difficult time for her.
I am pleased that Adrian supports you and that you can share this journey together. I hope you continue to find all the support you need on TP. Best Wishes Taffy.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Michele,

Five weeks is no time at all following a bereavement and it must be so hard for your mother, now on her own, and equally hard on you, having lost your father and worrying about your mother.

So understand how normal it is to be feeling low and just be grateful for your loving husband.

And know there is always TP for you.

Love xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN