Feeling lost and empty

Shazedge

Nov 11, 2015
So after nearly 4 weeks my dad is finally being out to rest this Friday (15th). I have been feeling wuite strong and able to cope but it seems this week leading up to it, it's a different story. On the outside to everyone in work, my family etc etc I look normal me but on the inside I'm falling apart slowly piece by piece and am wondering how I will cope and get through this week let alone the day itself. Feeling scared and aprehensive and still a sense of shock that he has actually gone, am guessing the funeral will help with this?

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
So after nearly 4 weeks my dad is finally being out to rest this Friday (15th). I have been feeling wuite strong and able to cope but it seems this week leading up to it, it's a different story. On the outside to everyone in work, my family etc etc I look normal me but on the inside I'm falling apart slowly piece by piece and am wondering how I will cope and get through this week let alone the day itself. Feeling scared and aprehensive and still a sense of shock that he has actually gone, am guessing the funeral will help with this?

Everything you're feeling Sweetie, is familiar to so many of us. Having had to "get through" the last 4 weeks, you've now another big hurdle to face. But you'll find you will get through it, and your Dad will be looking down on you, with pride in his heart.

I gave the Eulogy for my husband's funeral, and whilst waiting our "turn" in the funeral car, I couldn't even remember his name. I thought to myself "this is going to be marvellous, I don't even know his name, let alone anything else", but it all came back.

Everyone who will be attending, will feel only love and support for you, and tears and sorrow are an expected part of this sad day, as well as joy and laughter when friends and family will recall their memories of your dear Dad.

Most of the day was (like my wedding day) a bit of a blur. Try to think happy thoughts of times you spent with your dear Dad when he was fit and well, and we're all here for you. May your Dad's sweet soul Rest In Peace xxx

claire43

Jul 11, 2013
South Wales

I know how you feel but you will get through this. Giving your dads eulogy is such a statement of your love for him and I am sure you will do him proud. Thinking of you for tomorrow and I do believe that a funeral is a wonderful way to say goodbye. Like you said its the build up that takes its toll x

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Evening Shazedge
I hope the funeral and delivering your eulogy go well tomorrow, and that you gain comfort from the ceremony.