Feeling lonely

Janoc 54

Jan 23, 2024
My husband has mixed picture Alzheimer’s and dementia. He was diagnosed 3 years ago. I can manage things at home but it’s so lonely. Our family live away so we don’t see them much. He doesn’t want to go out and just sits in his chair watching tv. We don’t have conversations now. It’s like living with a stranger. He’s very mild mannered and easy to manage at home but hates going out. We used to holiday a lot and I miss talking to people. I still have my elderly parents but they live away too. They don’t understand his condition at all and think that if I keep showing him how to do something he will get it in the end. I don’t like to trouble the children with my feelings. I don’t mind looking after him we’ve had a wonderful marriage. I just feel so sad for him. He’s always been such a good man. I just feel he doesn’t deserve this but nobody does. I’m so sorry to be moaning I know there are so many people worse off than me. I just really miss how my husband was.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
You’re not moaning at all @Janoc 54.

I’m sure that many of us will understand how you’re feeling. I’m glad you’ve found this forum and hope that being here will help to make you feel a little less lonely. You’ll always find someone here to listen, understand and support.

Janoc 54

Jan 23, 2024
Thank you so much for your kind message. I’m just having a bad day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.