Feeling lonely

Debjac

Mar 23, 2017
For the last four years I have lived with and cared for my parents mum has altzheimers dad is blind and diabetic I'm married but my husband works away a lot and can't cope with my mum my kids (20 & 13) try their best but to be honest I would rather they enjoyed life my friends don't really understand I joke about things that happen because if I don't laugh I will spend my day crying. I am constantly having demands thrown at me from all sides am never on my own but I feel so damn lonely I haven't had a break in 4 years and I am going on holiday in a fortnight just for a week mum is going into a care home for a weeks respite dad going to my brothers but I feel so guilty sorry people total pity party tonight just feeling low

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
You have absolutely no need to feel guilty - you are obviously a very caring person - and I hope you will have a very good holiday. You deserve it.

Debjac

Mar 23, 2017
Thank you I know they will be fine not sure how to think about me anymore I seem to have disappeared but I am looking forward to putting the kids first

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Debjac

Enjoy your holiday and try to make it a regular event so you have something to look forward to.

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
Hi Debjac
Try not to feel guilty! It's really hard work (understatement) being responsible for the care of your parents as well as your immediate family (both my parents have AD). You need a well deserved break, which will enable you to recharge. It is hard to switch off, but it sounds like your parents will be very well cared for whilst you are away, so accept that that will be someone else's responsibility if only for a short while. You deserve to put yourself and your wellbeing first for a change. Enjoy your holiday. Georgina X

father ted

Aug 16, 2010
London
You are long overdue a holiday. Don't feel guilty, look at it this way: It has to be done if you are to continue caring. That said have a fantastic holiday and when you come back and see that the world of those you care for has not caved in because you were out of circulation for a while start planning the next holiday. You will get a hunger for it!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso