Feeling hopeful

Livveywills

Jul 11, 2015
Just plucked up the courage to ring the care home that has been recomended to us for respite care - and they sounded so nice! Such a difference to all the ones I have tried before. Not only that they have the weekend that I need to work in March currently free so will reserve it until they do an assesment and we have looked around.

Just hoping and praying that when mum has the assesment she is ok, and that I can get her to go and see it - and then hopefully life might start to get a little bit easier

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Good for you! Its a big step but it can work. Your Mum might actually enjoy it. Its a chance to mix with people her own age and a change of scenery. My mum has dementia and when she moved to her care home she told me it was the best hotel she had ever stayed in. She said she liked that it was all people her own age and that there were nurses. What a good idea she said:eek:

Approach it with a big smile and sell it as something nice and you will start on the right foot. We will keep our fingers crossed for you.