Feeling guilty

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
but children are precious also and I`m sure your daughter will have a lovely birthday because you will make it so .

your are so right children are precious thanks

One min that are teenagers , next min little woman with a mind of they own , but still always needing they mum , every one has to grow up eventually and my children have grow up so quick (youngest was only 15 years old ) since I have been looking after my mother , so yes i always make a big fuss of them on they birthday :)

Gromit

Apr 3, 2006
Edinburgh
Margarita said:
One min that are teenagers , next min little woman with a mind of they own , but still always needing they mum ,

I am trying my best to help my Mum with my Dad - and through it all I am trying to be strong for them - however, I still need a hug and cuddle from my Mum and I still need my Dad to tell me his silly jokes and still give me advice. So this comment is so true Maggie. I may be married (no children yet) but I am still a Mummy and Daddy's girl at heart! Take it from me - your children always need you and appreciate you being there too.

Love

Alison
x

jeanierec

May 7, 2007
north yorkshire
I`m not feeling sorry for myself but I can never remember being hugged or told that I was loved either as a child or an adult but still my mum was the person who made me feel better when I was poorly or feeling down.

I only mention this because of the way I am with my children ( 35 and 31 ) whom I cuddle everytime I see them and never speak to them on the phone or otherwise without telling them I love them and they me ,so I totally understand what you mean Alison and the saddest part for me about AZ is you lose the right to be a child whatever your age ( I`m 55 nearly ) that is so comforting so I know you`re making the most of very hug that comes your way.

Jeanie x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Ok hear I go me just being me 47 years old & still a child at heart that come out to play sometime :p :cool: :p :D

I am the peter pan :eek: friend wendy :D , yes I am always away with the fairy lol , when I get fed up on come the disney channel & lose myself into one of those cartoons film or children films , reminds me when my children where younger and we would get the latest child video out so now when I do that it take my mind of my worries & I am that child angina in that film , I always wanted a mum like myself :D. I also tell my children at a end of a conversation on the phone I love you , as My mother never use to say that to me , its good for children to know they are loved , not just assume it

I read somewhere as I do , as I am always reading , that some time you have to hug that child within each of us ourself

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
but is holding off until I`ve spoken to the cpn, for myself

I hope you don't mind , but I was going to ask the other day

I would be interested in the further if you remember to post back to find out what advice the CPN give you in how to tell your mother about the weeding .

jeanierec

May 7, 2007
north yorkshire
Hi Margarita

Of course I don`t mind you asking , my mum and I both saw the cpn on Friday so
any wedding talk was out of the question so Sandra ( the cpn ) is ringing me to arrange a time for her to visit me at home and I`ll broach the subject then and of course I`ll let you know what she advises .

Just going to the doctors I certainly feel much calmer and less tearful than when I last saw him so maybe there is a place for tablets after all at least in the short term.

Jeanie x

jeanierec

May 7, 2007
north yorkshire
A very old friend of mums phoned me this evening she was really distressed ,she`s also an old lady in her 80`s ,to say mum had phoned her three times in an hour and asked the same questions.

She didn`t know what to say I just said chat as normal but I feel so sad that someone else is being affected by mums problem and isn`t by virtue of her age and physical problems of her own able to cope with this behaviour from one of her oldest friends.

I guess as we go on this will happen more and more and it just brings it home to me how far reaching this awful disease is.

Sorry to moan but I just wondered how others deal with this scenario.

Jeanie x