Feeling guilty

Long journey ahead

Mar 28, 2020
Preston lancashire
How do carers cope with feelings of guilt when trying to live your life and going out leaving our loved one at home because they are too poorly to leave the house?
My tummy is in knots when I leave him home alone.

fromnz123

Aug 2, 2019
UK
Hi @Long journey ahead , my tummy is usually in knots having been with him all day. I consider myself lucky to be able to leave my husband and go out as he just sits in front of the tv all day. While I’m out either at the health club or seeing a friend, I can feel the knots loosen and then I can go back and deal with the rest of the day.
As Carers we need to care of our own well-being before we can care for someone else.

Long journey ahead

Mar 28, 2020
Preston lancashire
Hi @Long journey ahead , my tummy is usually in knots having been with him all day. I consider myself lucky to be able to leave my husband and go out as he just sits in front of the tv all day. While I’m out either at the health club or seeing a friend, I can feel the knots loosen and then I can go back and deal with the rest of the day.
As Carers we need to care of our own well-being before we can care for someone else.

Long journey ahead

Mar 28, 2020
Preston lancashire
I feel more at ease when I am with him strangely. Apart from later in the evening when we sit together and he constantly repeats questions. At the moment it's xmas. He asks all the time what we are having for Xmas dinner.
I think it's my feeling of guilt because I still want to go out and meet friend's. I feel so sad that he doesn't go anywhere. The only time he sees his friend's and family are when they call here which is not very often.