feeling frustrated and sad

Jilly Potter

Mar 29, 2020
It is just me and my sister (she is 65) and she has had vascular dementia for the last 7 years. She lives 36 miles away from me and she has carers go in 4 times a day. I have been looking after her for the last 4 years since her husband died and I go over to her sometimes twice a week. She will not go into a home as all she loves is her TV and her cigarettes - then she is very happy. So I sorted all the supplies for my sister during this current crisis but they phoned today to say the freezer had defrosted and lost all the food!! last time it was the fridge when they left the door open, the time before that it was the washing machine when they overloaded it. I just feel so sad that here we go again. I now have to go shopping which I did not want to do as in isolation but who else is there. I asked Carers 1st for help and they said "hand your sister back to social services and walk away" - really - she will out last me and I am only 60 and very sad today

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Welcome to DTP @Jilly Potter
What a worry for you. I’d be having a word with the care manager about such carelessness.
Please keep posting as you’ll get lots of support here.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome from me too @Jilly Potter.

That’s awful. They certainly need talking to.

No wonder you are feeling so sad. You’ll get lots of help and support here. Now that you’ve introduced yourself keep posting.