• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Feeling failed by the OPG

Grancan1313

Jun 8, 2017
Well the outcome has been completed by the OPG. I feel disappointed and failed for my father. Feels like this is all a paper exercise.

They found that my step mother can remove
£35,000 on her own name it’s all justified in four months.

They are not interested and won’t investigate joint account with him and wife. All his income is being transferred to her daughter this is £30,000 a year . She can do what she wants it’s joint.

she has not yet resolved outstanding care fees with the council and refusing to provide information for it. They are not interested it’s between her and the council

so what do the OPG do - not a lot and it’s an open ticket to abuse by the looks of it

very disappointed.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Very sorry how this has gone. I agree from reading other similar posts on here it does seem like a toothless response & an open door to abuse. i don't know what other course of action you could take, if any. It can't be right that money from your dad is being syphoned off in this way 😡

Grancan1313

Jun 8, 2017
Very sorry how this has gone. I agree from reading other similar posts on here it does seem like a toothless response & an open door to abuse. i don't know what other course of action you could take, if any. It can't be right that money from your dad is being syphoned off in this way 😡
Yes his money is all going/ gone and no one seems interested. The OPG is very poor and let’s the vulnerable down. 😭

Pacucho

Dec 20, 2009
Wembley, Middlesex
Sorry to read about your situation.

I do not know the background to your case but it looks like from what you said that you submitted an official complaint to the OPG. If this is the case and you are still not happy are you aware you can take this up with your GP who can refer the matter to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman ? Here is a link providing more details in care it helps: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-public-guardian/about/complaints-procedure.

Rob_E

Feb 1, 2015
That's a very dissapointing response from the OPG though from my own experiences, not surprising. I can't go into details in our case other than to say that its so blatently obvious that there is something that is not right to us, mum's friends and her family but not to the OPG! I don't know where they find some of the people that they employ, this woman that was dealing with our case didn't seem to give a damn. Complaining didn't get us anywhere either, that just seemed to be an exercise of checking that all the right boxes had been ticked in the right order. In fact she seemed quite happy for us to complain, knowing that nothing would happen. No accountability.

Grancan1313

Jun 8, 2017
That's a very dissapointing response from the OPG though from my own experiences, not surprising. I can't go into details in our case other than to say that its so blatently obvious that there is something that is not right to us, mum's friends and her family but not to the OPG! I don't know where they find some of the people that they employ, this woman that was dealing with our case didn't seem to give a damn. Complaining didn't get us anywhere either, that just seemed to be an exercise of checking that all the right boxes had been ticked in the right order. In fact she seemed quite happy for us to complain, knowing that nothing would happen. No accountability.
Hi sorry to hear this it seems that the LPA is an open power to abuse and people can do what they like. I have submitted a complaint and as you say I know this is going to get me nowhere, however I will take it up with the MP after that.

Grancan1313

Jun 8, 2017
Sorry to read about your situation.

I do not know the background to your case but it looks like from what you said that you submitted an official complaint to the OPG. If this is the case and you are still not happy are you aware you can take this up with your GP who can refer the matter to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman ? Here is a link providing more details in care it helps: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-public-guardian/about/complaints-procedure.
Thank you yes I have submitted a complaint yesterday i do not think this will come to any fruition it seems like a tick box exercise. Then as you say I will escalate to my MP
Thank you 🙏