Feeling Cold

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Well on the link below sharks only come in at number ten, joint last in world terms along with wolves, where as snakes are number 3 one down on humans, spiders aren't mentioned.
I do like the way you say "We did have a school teacher who was bitten by a snake" or "My brother had a carpet snake that lived in the gum tree near his front door" like that's normal and "We have just had a record spring stretch, nine days of 30 degrees" hasn't ever happened in this country since about 1976 other than maybe in the south.
K

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/15/which-animal-kills-the-most-humans/

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
We have had quite a few shark attacks in the last twelve months some resulting in deaths. We do have a well organized supply of antivenin around the country so that could be one reason why people aren't dying from snake bite. And there are a number of people who do work as snake catchers so people call them instead of tackling them on their own.

Carpet snakes aren't venomous and not a huge danger to humans so my brother didn't mind it residing in his garden. They had two and a half acres so the snake was great for keeping rats off the place. Mostly in suburbia we don't see snakes too much but I know where I could find some only a couple of miles from here.

Poshbird

Apr 18, 2017
Thanks for your responses, very helpful. Mum also has diabetes so that is probably a factor too.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
It was a problem for us. Our heating was even on during a heatwave and my husband sat in the garden during the warmest weather wearing a fleece and a blanket and still complaining of cold.

I wonder if having diabetes makes it worse. I've a friend with diabetes who doesn't have dementia and she is always cold too.

Henry was the same, Sylvia, and he also had diabetes. It got worse after dementia progressed and became one of his numerous fixations. Also wearing a fleece on a hot day.

Loo xx