Feeling Bad - lost my temper

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
And no peace tonight. Despite him dripping with sweat he is still wrapped in a blanket and complaining about the cold legs. But I was ready for him and gave him simple exercises to get the blood flowing, he hates exercise of any type so suddenly the legs were OK.
Thanks again for the support it's helped me remain calm tonight. In the words of the penguins from Madagascar - just smile and wave boys, smile and wave.
@DesperateofDevon I look after dad 24/7 for probably 10 days out of 15 so I do get a break. The rest of the family work so that's how it is. It has actually got a lot easier as dad declines. He sleeps nearly all of the time now so I can open windows without him noticing which is a blessing. I can even pop out to the shops or have a short walk because I know dad will sleep in his chair.

It is sad that as dad declines the caring gets easier but it has.

Dad should really be in a care home but he is such a gentleman and so kind and also has cancer and this means that I haven't the heart to put him in a home. He is still continent too which I am very grateful for. He is also very compliant and happy as Larry.

I keep thinking about care homes and have even looked at some but realistically unless dad has some terrible downturn I can't see it happening. Dad is too content and it won't be forever, will it.

You are right @DesperateofDevon it does help to know you are not alone but sometimes you feel alone anyway. Everything is about dad, never about me.

Make sure you check out palliative care teams help also interestingly hospice care is also available for some.
Take care honey
Xx
(((((((Hugs))))))))

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I just want to remind everyone that you are all only human trying to do a superhuman job. I too, struggled with my patience when I cared for dad but now that he's gone I look back on the good times and my role as a daughter and carer and I know I couldn't have done anymore.

Hugs to you Catastrophe

MaNaAk

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Make sure you check out palliative care teams help also interestingly hospice care is also available for some.
Take care honey
Xx
(((((((Hugs))))))))

Yes thank you @DesperateofDevon dad is under the hospice and they give me a monthly phone call to ask how dad is which I appreciate hugely because it makes me feel less alone.

Dad is on palliative care only and has far exceeded any expectations we had for him. He is very comfortable and does not know he is ill but he is incredibly frail looking lately.

He is very witty though and a bit of a sweetie and we can still have a laugh together so it's not all bad.