Feeling Bad - lost my temper

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Catastrophe, Jul 28, 2019.

1. myss

myss Registered User

Jan 14, 2018
    It's the same for me as well. Dad is at home, that's his wish and we aim to carry it out for as long as possible, despite how difficult his behaviours can be.
    I also agree with the sentiment that it's comforting knowing others are in or was in the same situation as yourself, that's one of the good things about this forum.

2. DesperateofDevon

DesperateofDevon Registered User

Jul 7, 2019
    Make sure you check out palliative care teams help also interestingly hospice care is also available for some.
    Take care honey
    Xx
    (((((((Hugs))))))))

3. MaNaAk

MaNaAk Registered User

Jun 19, 2016
    Essex
    I just want to remind everyone that you are all only human trying to do a superhuman job. I too, struggled with my patience when I cared for dad but now that he's gone I look back on the good times and my role as a daughter and carer and I know I couldn't have done anymore.

Hugs to you Catastrophe

MaNaAk

4. Duggies-girl

Duggies-girl Registered User

Sep 6, 2017
    Yes thank you @DesperateofDevon dad is under the hospice and they give me a monthly phone call to ask how dad is which I appreciate hugely because it makes me feel less alone.

Dad is on palliative care only and has far exceeded any expectations we had for him. He is very comfortable and does not know he is ill but he is incredibly frail looking lately.

He is very witty though and a bit of a sweetie and we can still have a laugh together so it's not all bad.