Feeling at a pivotal point....

Debbie Ann C

Apr 1, 2020
Feeling at a pivotal point which I am hoping will go in a positive direction... but fearing the worsed... Mum has finally come to a point of desperationand and has contacted the Dr, which for her is unheard of... she keeps saying ‘ what’s happening to me ‘ what's wrong with me ? But can’t articulate what’s actually wrong.... she sounds scared and isolated. i live away and feel totally useless. Thankfully the Dr‘s are finally communicating with me and seem to realise that mum needs help... they are organising the district nurse to come and take blood and then a memory assessment. We have been down this road before but mum was not in a place to accept it. I’m really hoping that we can convince her to accept it this time round.... I fear she will hate me for it and accuse me of interfering and making her life worse But also feel it’s what needs to happen. She is so confused and worried all the time And we need help. She desperately wants me or my sister to go and live with her but that’s just not viable. She has the option of living with my sister but also loves her bungalow where she is so we are reluctant to uproot her until we absolutely have to. Feeling hopeful but also very intrepid about the next few days weeks. Thanks for allowing me to express my feelings here. It really helps xx

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Fingers crossed the GP & district nurse get the ball rolling. Maybe now is the time to organise a social services assessment.